Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilgreenfrog

My leaves shouldn't look like this...

lilgreenfrog
16 years ago

Hello!

I have a Purple Dragon who's had a bit of a rough go of it; in the last year I've gotten him re-established from a leaf, and he was doing nicely, and blooming. Here's the terrible part: I put him in a pot with no drain holes, and thought that if I didn't over water it'd be fine. Yes, that was stupid.

But, he's not wilty, or limp, his leaves are just turning the wrong color - kind of like the stereotypical movie drunk with all the broken cappilaries on the nose/cheeks...the green is leaching out, and the red lines stand out more and more (not the veins of the plant, mind you...just sqiggly red lines, like human cappilaries). Someone please tell me this is a salt imbalance, or something!

So, I repotted him tonight; it looks like he had lovely roots, and many are now dead. I used fresh dirt and a pot that drains *blush*, and broke off the largest, sickliest leaves. Is there anything else I can do? I know I'm not supposed to fertilize a stressed plant...

Sorry this is so long, and thanks for any help. I'll be SO mad if I kill this plant for the third time...

Lara

Comments (3)