Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

All my pretty NOIDs (lots of pics)

haxuan
15 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm back! I haven't posted much lately because all my AVs are the same, I don't have any new ones and I don't lose any, either. Which is good, isn't it?

Well, here are update photos of my NOIDs at my kitchen counter.

{{gwi:359410}}

{{gwi:359411}}

{{gwi:359412}}

{{gwi:359413}}

{{gwi:359414}}

{{gwi:359415}}

{{gwi:359416}}

Thanks for looking at my photos.

Xuan (from Vietnam)

Comments (14)

• seattlemarigene
    15 years ago

They all look lovely,very healthy and well cared for....:0)..marigene

• bspofford
    15 years ago

Xuan,

They are beautiful! I always enjoy pictures of what you are able to grow. My favorite is the pale lavender one in the fourth picture. Isn't it just so uplifting to walk into the kitchen and see all that beauty that you have helped create!?!?

Great job!

Barbara

• nmushka (7; Virginia)
    15 years ago

They are lovely. :3
    'm rather fond of the second one, with the pink 'smudges'..

• lilypad22
    15 years ago

Always nice to see a pretty violet picture. And yes... It's always good that you don't lose them. Also good to not have more than you can water...which is where I often am. I get new plants from a lady in our violet club that roots lots of leaves and brings in her extra plantlets. It's hard to say "no more violets for me". tish

• haxuan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for your nice comments. I really appreciate it.

Xuan

• Christine
    15 years ago

What beautiful flowers! From the looks of all of the buds, you're going to be able to enjoy blooming beauties for a long time.

I'm going to start wicking some of my AVs so I've been looking at trays online. I noticed you have attractive colorful humidity trays. Can you tell me where you got them or what brand they are?

Thanks, Donna

• lilypad22
    15 years ago

Those trays are very nice aren't they!
    tish

• robitaillenancy1
    15 years ago

Beautiful colors.

The trays look like premanest trays which are available at Cape Cod Violetry.

Nancy

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

I don't post much here on the African Violet Forum but when I see photos, I must look. Your plants look lovely. I am the recipient of those little porcelain tea strainers you sent to Cindeea and they are working out wonderfully well.
    Barb

• haxuan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Barb, it's good to know you can use those tea strainers. Do you use them for your AVs?
    Donna, I use wick to water my AVs and those trays hold the water. They're made of plastic. I don't know whether they're available in the States (I'm in 'Nam.)
    I love AVs. They were the very first plants that I started when we built Tuysonvien.
    Here're a few more photos of how I use the tray and display my AVs.

{{gwi:359417}}

{{gwi:359418}}

{{gwi:359420}}

{{gwi:359422}}

By the way, I have a "gardening" blog, should you be interested to see what I grow in my corner of the world. The link is below. I would appreciate your stopping by and drop a line.

Many thanks for your kind comments re my AVs.

Here is a link that might be useful: My gardening blog

• bspofford
    15 years ago

Xuan,

I looked at your blog, and enjoyed it very much. Xuan, I'm worn out just reading about all the work you do to make your home so beautiful! You have every right to be very proud! (And very tired!)

Thank you so much for sharing the beauty.

Barbara

• ima_digger
    15 years ago

Xuan, your violets are very pretty. I visited your blog, and loved seeing your picture with your dog, Bian.
    Now, I feel I know you. I love seeing your hoya on the other forum too. You have 'green thumbs'.

• haxuan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, people, for visiting my blog. It's a wonderful way to keep records of what you do to your plants and gardens as well as to share with others having the same interest.

Xuan

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Hi Xuan,
    Yes I still use the tea strainers. They are perfect for wick watered plants-semi minis. I have them in what they call beta bowls and sometimes roots peek out of every hole.
    I love your blog and those peach trees are so sweet looking.
    Barb