Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cork_oh

Change Notice???

cork_oh
10 years ago

How long should it take to notice a change in your violets when you make a change? Location? Fertilizers? Watering method? Other changes?
Thanks
Cork

Comments (9)

• taxonomist3
    10 years ago

Cork,

It depends on the damage suffered to the plant originally. If it's minimal, you should notice new roots and firmer leaves within 2 weeks. New growth can take 1-3 months.

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Hear, hear! if you do something damaging - immediately.

If it was in in dry conditions - and you upped the humidity to 50-60 - also they will start getting perky very soon, otherwise 2 weeks is a good guess.

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    10 years ago

Cork,

I would also say that new growth is going to depend on the temperature in the area of your home in which you are growing, as well. It's been so cold here in Ohio that my growth has slowed down considerably in the past few weeks.

Linda

In the midst of an ice storm :(

• cork_oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My thinking is to make a change -- say in fertilizer to see what will happen. How long should it take to make a differance?

I am thinking about using water from my fish tank, but I have soft water in the tank. I use rain water for my AV's now. Of course I will try it on only a few plants to start.
    Thanks
    Cork
    ps LOTS OF SNOW HERE TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO COME AND GET IT!!!! LOL

• irina_co
    10 years ago

You can have my snow. And my temp - it was -11F last night.

What do you mean - soft water - RO?

I use airconditioner water in summer - first they thrive - and then i see olive tint in the leaves at the end of summer.
    So - my guess - if the change is not very drastic - you will only see the difference in months...

If I use DynaGro - which is better than my other one - Plant Marvel - I will probably see the difference in a couple of months.

• fortyseven_gw
    10 years ago

You are all more than welcome to move to California. Joanne

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    10 years ago

And miss all this meteorological excitement??? Not a chance!!

Linda

Still snowing..but the snow hides all the ice!!!

• cork_oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Irina
    We have a water softner, so soft water. It is "OK" for the Angle Fish I have.

During the summer I use the water from my dehumidifer and in winter I fill in with rain water, which I catch from the roof.
    I use about 20 gallons each week to water about 600 AV's.

I just wanted to try a few things to see what would happen.

Cork
    Snow this morning. See pic

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Wow - you have plenty of good water.

Snow looks very familiar. We had -10F last night - now it is balmy 4F. Luckily that's the last day and we will have 40F tomorrow.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES