Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bspofford

AVSA mag - moon planting

bspofford
15 years ago

I haven't received my Mar-April issue yet. I know I'm in a snowy corner of the country, but the dogsleds run on a regular schedule here.

If you have received your issue, could you please post the lunar planting for the next couple of days? I'm lookin for semi-fruitful or fruitful periods, with starting and ending times.

Thanks in advance.

Barbara

Comments (11)

• divineappt
    15 years ago

I haven't gotten mine, but then, I'm at the end of the world!

• bspofford
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Actually, it may not even be out yet. I just looked at the AVSA website and they still show the Jan-Feb issue as the current one.

It's the first of March, and I need a new flower magazine to look at. It was 51 degrees here in Portland yesterday, and today is the first time in months that there is no snow or residual ice in the driveway. Yay!!

It's supposed to snow here tomorrow. And Monday. And Tuesday. Oh well, there is a saying here.....'ya haf tuh pay yuh dues in the wintah to be able tuh enjoy the summah' and it is so true.

Barbara, paying my dues.........

• cork_oh
    15 years ago

Hi Barbara
    I was glad you bring the subject of "receiving AVSA magazine" late arrival. I received my JAN-FEB 2009 issue on Jan 20, 2009, so I wrote to the editor, because I also have been using the "Moon Signs" to start AV leaves and do my re-potting. I suggested to Ruth that they move the data up one month, so by the time we receive our (LATE)copy of the magazine the data would still be timely. I don't think she got my message.

My issue is always 8 to 10 days after the start of the month. Bummer.

Cork

• dragonfly2008
    15 years ago

I was thinking of buying the book "Llewelyn's Moon Signs" or whatever it is called. I thought it would make a different, interesting, sort of topic for a violet club meeting.

• irina_co
    15 years ago

I looked at the moon calendar on the Russian violet site.

March 3, 11, 16, 21, 26 do not work with plants.

I.

• sabrebuddy
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, could someone explain this, am I not to do anything with my violets or other plants on these days? Thanks Terri

• thominindy
    15 years ago

I have always gardened by the moon. The "Old Farmers Almanac" was always my source. My order from the violet barn should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. I didn't want them traveling over the new moon, and it should give me good a time to repot.

Thom

• m3rma1d
    15 years ago

I repot when I feel like it... (Which I admit, is rare!)

Any time is a good time in my opinion--As long as you don't wait too long like I usually do hahahaha

• sabrebuddy
    15 years ago

Hi Thom, this is rather funny my order from the Violet Barn should also arrive tomorrow or Wednesday but I don't really know what the moon has to do with it? Thanks Terri

• bspofford
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I too am going to have a chat with Ruth at AVSA.....

Barbara

• irina_co
    15 years ago

Looks like some days are for roots and some for tops, and some for weeding. Let's rest on the weeding days. Or make pics.

Irina