Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Round Robin for Spring?

Posted by ima_digger 9 SE FL (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 12 at 16:53

Just checking to see if there is going to be a RR for Spring, this year. I had fun with the last one in the Fall, and I'm looking forward to another. It's a great way to increase our collection for just postage.
I've posted this message in the EXCHANGE forum also.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Round Robin for Spring?

I would love to participate in a Spring RR. I'll keep watching and see if anyone takes it on.

o

what's a RR? Leaves or whole plants?

o

I'd like to participate if we get enough people -- also, all I do are semi-mini's, so I'd like to be sure there are plenty of those to trade. : )

o

The round robin is usually started by Deb. I haven't seen her posting lately. She usually starts off with a box of leaves. Most people prefer leaves to plants, because of problems with insects in the soil.
The rules for the RR are if you take out six leaves, you replace with six leaves. They should all be NAMED varieties, and no duplicates in the box.

o
RE: Round Robin for Spring???

I just looked at old messages in the EXCHANGE forum and plantlets were also included. So if you have babies to spare, you can include them as well as leaves. It's a great way to increase our collections!!! and for just postage.

o

I want to do it too. I need some more leaves.

o

I've started all the boxes for several years. ;)
I've been checking to see if there was any interest in a Spring round robin and am so glad to see there is!
I usually would start this in late April due to the chance of frost/cold temps, leaves arriving frozen, chilled. This year has been the mildest winter on record, and so far we have 70* temps. I hope they stay, and the weather remains stable! I have a feeling we might have a really hot early summer so should take advantage of the perfect shipping temps everywhere.
I'll post a new thread tonight- so please post there (av exchange) Thanks!

Deb

o

I CAN'T POST ON THE EXCHANGE SIDE IT WONT LET ME AND I TRIED EMAILING DEB AND THAT DID'NT GO THOUGH EITHER. WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE ROUND ROBBIN PAT REICHARD E11369 CTY HWY I VIOLA WISCONSIN 54664 EMAIL ECHOVAL@ MWT.NET

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here