Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Diagnose White Circles

Posted by Garret_87 Zone 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 17:49

I got a couple beautiful african violets at the nursery two weeks ago. They have been doing very well and have been blooming like crazy, but this week I noticed white circles forming on the leaves. Any ideas what this could be? It doesnt look like powdery mildew to me, but I am new to African Violets. Any help would be great.

Should I spray the leaves down and clean them off? What would be the best solution?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Diagnose White Circles

It looks like water drops to me. Try to wipe them off with a damp qtip. When you water, make sure you don't get leaves wet.

o

It seems like it could be something more than just water spots. Has it been treated for anything lately? (I'm thinking of the fungicide I sprayed for Powdery Mildew.)Facebook's AVnerds has a lot of experts that hang out there and could probably offer a diagnosis.

Here is a link that might be useful: African Violey Nerds ;)

o

It is either hard water or some kind of pesticide/fungicide spray. To remove it - try this. break off an old tired leaf of AV, break it in half and try to rub the spots with it.

It is nothing bad, it is just unsightly...

I.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here