Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
in search of

Posted by greylady-gardener (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 08 at 17:50

I am hoping that although I am not a regular here on the AV forum, that someone might be able to help me in my search for a Canadian source for 'achimenes'. I have looked for them in all the places that I can think of right now and am not having any success. I am able to find them in the U.S. and the U.K. but they don't ship to Canada. It was suggested that maybe someone here might know of a source....I really hope so!! :)
tia
gg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: in search of

Achimenes seem to be rather hard to find. Park's Seed is located in the US but it looks like they do ship to Canada. Below is a link to their site. There's a search window on the left of their page. Just type achimenes in there to do a search for them. They are offering blue, red, pink and white.

Best Wishes,

ItsDeb

Here is a link that might be useful: Park's Seed

o

Thank you for the link, I will check them out! :)

o

It is very frusterating sometimes trying to get these lovely plants you see in the U.S. over to Canada. I am interested in getting a few different varieties of AV's - I really like the Robs varieties but to ship them over and pay that $35.00 (or whatever is) fee at the border makes it a little expensive. I would like to get Plants not leaves as I find leaves just take soo long to grow into plants and then flower! So I am with ya there in your frustration!

o

Well I just received a reply to my inquiry at Park's seeds, and they are unable to ship "plants, bulbs or accessories" to Canada, so I guess I am back to square one. :( Thank you for your help anyway, I do appreciate it.
gg

o

Well thats weird - cause I ordered Stephanotis seeds and I thought it was from Park seeds? Maybe they can only ship seeds???

o

Yes they can ship seeds. Below is part of the e-mail that they sent this afternoon. I did find some on e-bay from a Canadian seller, but as I am not e-bay savvy, I was not able to get them....they had only about 4 or five minutes left to bid when I came across them. I guess I need to learn how to use e-bay and hope that they are offered again. Anyone know how to use e-bay and willing to give a lesson? :)
gg

Dear Gardening Friend,

Thanks so much for contacting us! Your concern is important, and we're glad you took the time to write.

Although we appreciate your request, we regret that we cannot ship plants, bulbs or accessories to Canada. Strict customs regulations and lengthy transit times have led to our decision not to engage in the export business. The Achimenes are in bulb form. I am sorry that we are only allowed to ship seed to Canada.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here