Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Video update - 6 mos of growth in 14 seconds

Posted by frank325 Z6 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 17, 09 at 18:37

I posted a video a couple months ago, just thought I'd share an update. I've been following this little guy along since I put it in its own cup. I started with pictures everyday, then moved to about every other day. Towards the very end, you'll notice that lately the leaves have been sticking up on one side. I don't really get why some of them are doing that. I have all my plants in the same place now, some lie perfectly flat, others stick straight up in the air. It's odd.

At one point in the last half you'll notice the older leaves turn a lighter green. It was then I moved my light a little closer, only to find out that some others that were slightly higher than this one at the time got burned, so the light went back up.

Anyway, enjoy!

Click Here!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Video update - 6 mos of growth in 14 seconds

That is a great video, Frank! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Curtis

o
RE: Video update - 6 mos of growth in 14 seconds

Frank,
Nice work. I did a little photo shoot on an overgrown plant that I had ignored for too long. If you are interested, check out the link below. At this time all the plants have been disbudded in hopes that they will bloom in time for my local clubs show on May 3. I will take a few more pics of the plants when they are fully grown and in bloom.
Fred in NJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Operation Ness' Orange Pekoe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here