Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lokoing for grangers wonderland

Posted by mbromel none (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 13, 14 at 20:53

hi there, im fairly new here but im trying to find grangers wonderland, or even something similar. i was hoping to find a plant for my father, he had one that recently died that as far as i can tell looked very similar to grangers wonderland. it belonged to his mother and had high sentimental value to him. anyone know where i might be able to find something like that?
thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lokoing for grangers wonderland

Try contacting Tina at BloomLovers, in Canada. You can look up the contact information on the internet.
Someone else might have other suggestions.
Joanne

o

Bloomlovers is the only place I actually saw Granger's Wonderland, but if you only want something similar, you might find it somewhere else.

I was kind of wanting Wonderland too, but it seems to be rather scarce. Someone might be able to suggest others that are like it. Harbor Blue is a very nice large violet with single blue flowers, but I don't know if it's the same color.

Maverick's Faded Jeans is a smaller plant with very nice blue blooms.

Diana in PA

o

Is anyone here actually familiar with it? I saw an interview with an older hybridizer (hate to guess on the name) who named it as a favorite but it is really scarce.

I've chased so many that were disappointing when I got them. I think some have simply deteriorated over the years and we don't get the original strain.

Diana

o
RE: looking for grangers wonderland

Granger's Wonderland - hyb. Eyerdom.

You can still find it. As far as I remember - it is a LARGE plant.
I can see it is popping on Florida shows - find who showed it, write them a letter and ask for a leaf.

Another oldie that has a nice light blue is Rodeo Country. I grew it, it is not as large - and it blooms all the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: a Pic of GW

o

Thank you. I did find the recommendation for Rodeo Country but it's about as elusive as Wonderland. I was really trying to limit the number of vendors! I will wait until it's warmer since I have already ordered too many (but I know I won't keep them all).

I do tend to gravitate toward those space hogs.

Diana

o

Aha - like 4 plants per shelf. I have 'Magnolia" at full bloom right now. 'Tiger' is not a small plant too.

I.

o

When I grew Tiger it was on a pedestal on a table beside the window so it wasn't really a problem. Now I have a cat...one who is not so careful. Maybe if I stick the pot to the pedestal and put sticky tape all over the rest of it!

Magnolia is pretty (had to look it up) and so is White Queen.

Diana

o

My cat is something else. If he thinks that he needs my attention - he pulls the plants of a shelf by the leaves and bites the leaves off. Always in my presence, never on his own. Except for Callisia fragrans. He thinks it is his salad bar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here