Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbromel

lokoing for grangers wonderland

mbromel
10 years ago

hi there, im fairly new here but im trying to find grangers wonderland, or even something similar. i was hoping to find a plant for my father, he had one that recently died that as far as i can tell looked very similar to grangers wonderland. it belonged to his mother and had high sentimental value to him. anyone know where i might be able to find something like that?
thanks for your help!

Comments (8)

• fortyseven_gw
    10 years ago

Try contacting Tina at BloomLovers, in Canada. You can look up the contact information on the internet.
    Someone else might have other suggestions.
    Joanne

• quimoi
    10 years ago

Bloomlovers is the only place I actually saw Granger's Wonderland, but if you only want something similar, you might find it somewhere else.

I was kind of wanting Wonderland too, but it seems to be rather scarce. Someone might be able to suggest others that are like it. Harbor Blue is a very nice large violet with single blue flowers, but I don't know if it's the same color.

Maverick's Faded Jeans is a smaller plant with very nice blue blooms.

Diana in PA

• quimoi
    10 years ago

Is anyone here actually familiar with it? I saw an interview with an older hybridizer (hate to guess on the name) who named it as a favorite but it is really scarce.

I've chased so many that were disappointing when I got them. I think some have simply deteriorated over the years and we don't get the original strain.

Diana

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Granger's Wonderland - hyb. Eyerdom.

You can still find it. As far as I remember - it is a LARGE plant.
    I can see it is popping on Florida shows - find who showed it, write them a letter and ask for a leaf.

Another oldie that has a nice light blue is Rodeo Country. I grew it, it is not as large - and it blooms all the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:360459}}

• quimoi
    10 years ago

Thank you. I did find the recommendation for Rodeo Country but it's about as elusive as Wonderland. I was really trying to limit the number of vendors! I will wait until it's warmer since I have already ordered too many (but I know I won't keep them all).

I do tend to gravitate toward those space hogs.

Diana

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Aha - like 4 plants per shelf. I have 'Magnolia" at full bloom right now. 'Tiger' is not a small plant too.

I.

• quimoi
    10 years ago

When I grew Tiger it was on a pedestal on a table beside the window so it wasn't really a problem. Now I have a cat...one who is not so careful. Maybe if I stick the pot to the pedestal and put sticky tape all over the rest of it!

Magnolia is pretty (had to look it up) and so is White Queen.

Diana

• irina_co
    10 years ago

My cat is something else. If he thinks that he needs my attention - he pulls the plants of a shelf by the leaves and bites the leaves off. Always in my presence, never on his own. Except for Callisia fragrans. He thinks it is his salad bar.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services