Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
parks seeds

Posted by leslie_virnig221 52501 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 4, 10 at 23:19

i want to buy some parks fantasy hybrids can someone tell me about how many would grow?how many of these would be solid colors, how many fantasys? if i buy 50 seeds.also i would have to trade these as noids right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: parks seeds

I have discovered by buying and sowing that probably your chance of getting real fantasy plants is not good at all. Someone told me the name is Fantasy Hybrids. That is the name and not a description of the plants you will get.

Out of about 25 seed I got no fantasy blooms--all green foliage, some brown/green foliage. From an envelope of Mini Semi seeds, I got one standard, one variegated semi mini (very rare) a mini and a semi. Most plants you get from these are not "good" as an AV judge would describe them. They are fine for the average window grower but nothing special for collectors and people who show plants.

I show plants and collect so I give away plants that look too similar to other plants. In order to name a plant it must have special characteristics such as 3 or more flowers on a stem, stems that are strong enough to hold flowers above foliage, etc.

Nancy

o

HI,
As a grower, shower, and a judge I agree with Nancy. If you want to get some fantasy violets I would buy them from a vendor or go to a show if you have one nearby and buy the plants from them.
Fred in NJ

o

I don't know of anyone who is selling fantasy seeds of any type, standard, trailers or mini/simi. I suggested to Ronn Nadeau that he hybridize with variegates and with fantasy. He may begin to sell these seeds in future. You would have to buy directly from him.

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here