Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialtiger

My violet is having problems with brown soggy leaves

celestialtiger
15 years ago

Hi, I'm new to the discussion and my little violet seems to be in serious trouble. Many of it's bottom leaves are turning brown and soggy. It starts at the edges of the leaves and moves back towards the main body of the plant from there. It's still blooming like crazy and the core of the plant is healthy and still putting out leaves in huge amounts. I don't think I've watered it too much. I'm very careful and I know what that looks like. I thought that underfeeding might be an issue so I've fed it with plant food especially made for AV's. It perked up a bit but new brown sections started up. It was getting plenty of light on my desk at work and for the longest time it was fine. Then this started so I brought it home and placed it in the kitchen window where it gets the afternoon sun. This doesn't seem to be helping. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to help for long. I've looked at all sorts of sites about African Violet diseases and this doesn't seem to match anything listed and I've searched the forum too. Please help! I'm very fond of this little plant and would hate to have it die.

Comments (4)