Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whitelacey1

First Blooms

Whitelacey
10 years ago

This is a first blooming of a Russian variety that I grew from a leaf. I think the bloom is very pretty.

The plant is 'LE Pannochka'. (I'm doing this from memory so if it isn't right, I'll fix it tomorrow!)

Linda

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Judging from the number of buds for a first bloom, I think this plant is going to be a bloomer! And the foliage is well-behaved, something that not all the Russians can claim.

Linda

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is a chimera that I grew from a sucker. The tag was lost but I'm fairly certain from checking my inventory it is 'The Alps'.

Linda

• ima_digger
    10 years ago

I love the Russian violets. Their blooms are awesome. Mine was growing too far from light so leaves are long, but bloom is awesome.

{{gwi:351540}}

• fortyseven_gw
    10 years ago

WOW! Silver Summit is similar to the Alps. Joanne

This post was edited by fortyseven on Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 13:56

• susan_kc
    10 years ago

These are just beautiful! I love that blue and white double. And LE Pannochka is gorgeous too!

• Karin
    10 years ago

Gotta say, I kept telling myself chimeras just looked weird, but this one I like! :-)
    Funny how I look at a single star shaped purple and decide it's my fave, then turn around and spot it's polar opposite (ruffly frilly and fancy) and think 'WOW!', then turn to the next one and fall in love with it for yet another reason... That's why I can't get rid of any of them....
    If I had as many as you do, I'd spend the day gawping at each one in turn :-p

Karin

• 1beautylover2012
    10 years ago

Linda, it looks like LE-Panochka. I have this plant, but it's the flowers have more light color

• 1beautylover2012
    10 years ago

Ima, please, fix the name - it's "Goluboj Tuman" witch is Blue Mist. Love this type! I have many unique AVs from Russia and Ukraine and I would love to have more - greedy about AVs, have to admit it

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lina.

Your Russian is much better than mine so I'll go with your name! I have found many Russian varieties to be spelled in various ways so it's good to have an expert. :) What does the name mean?

Karin,

It is a high point in the day to check to see what is coming into bloom. They are ALL so beautiful!

Linda

• 1beautylover2012
    10 years ago

Linda, it's a story from old times. Long time ago, in 17-18 century the wealthy man who owned a many villages and many people called "Pan" (in Poland, Ukraine, Belarus), so his daughter called pannochka. In this case I think it means - delicate, beautiful and spoiled (if you can say that about the plant). By the way, I have the babies from the mother plant on the picture. Are you coming to Columbus in April?

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lina,

Thanks for the story. I like knowing the background of the names of my violets, especially the Russian ones.

I am planning on coming to Columbus. I will send you my plant list so I can get them when I am there if that works for you.

Linda

• 1beautylover2012
    10 years ago

Linda, I am sooooo glad you're coming to Columbus show!

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lina,

I'm looking forward to seeing both you and the show!!!

Linda

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES