Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mushy outer leaves

Posted by bjpoole34448 29645 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 25, 10 at 10:51

I have a pretty Av from Robs, Artic Chill. Its seems to be growing from the crown and has a few flowers but the large outer leaves turn mushy and die. I don't see anything on the plant and have isolated it. Any ideas? Thank you.
Betty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mushy outer leaves

Betty -

Can it be that the these outer leaves just naturally die from old age?

How long ago you repotted it? May be it is a time to do it - and inspect the roots at the same time = if it is a root rot - you can cut off the root ball and reroot the crown under the dome or baggie. The fact that the plant is blooming doesn't prove that it is healthy. Sometimes it is a last try to send seeds before the collapse.

Good Luck

irina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here