Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
edible flowers

Posted by gerray (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 07 at 11:09

Hello everyone
I am wondering if african violet's flower is an edible flower. Is so what would be type of soil, fertilizer to use to make them true ?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: edible flowers

They are not poisonous, unless you use some insecticide on them. I think I saw the recipe of the AV dessert in AV magazine some time ago. Something with sugar syrup, spices and blooms. Otherwise they will taste like grass.

o

Yes, they are edible or can serve as decoration for cakes and other desserts.

When you asked about the plants being true, were you asking about the description of the plant. Soil and fertilizer has nothing to do with the trueness of a flower to the description. This is all in the genetics of that particular plant.

Nancy

o

Thanks, I was wondering what soil and fertilizer to use to make them edible (true). I imagine that chemical product and pesticide are proscribed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here