Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
randy_ritchie

South FL AV club

Randy Ritchie
16 years ago

Went to last night's meeting in Davie. Met a great group of people. One gal with ornery cats, challenging her efforts to grow anything in a pot in the house. A fellow who has a lazy Himalayan cat (same as I have), that's totally too lazy to bother a potted plant (just like my Simon!), and several other helpful gardeners.

Potting demonstration was very helpful. Repotted my Rainbow's Weeping Elf (mini). Had a second plant in the cup I didn't realize was there when I received it. So now I have two. Had to cut off the blooms (sad!), but as a newbie surprise, I was given a lovely in-bloom standard plant as a welcome. Very pretty! I also took my new mini, Nancy's Doll Face, and shared leaves with whomever wanted one, as much to share, as for insurance in case mine should turn fickle on me. It's a brand new variety, and I got the very first one sold to the public. I'm excited!

Was also invited to attend a local flower show on Saturday. I have an e-mail out to another friend to tag along if she's game. Figure this is a good chance for me to meet people, as I've not had much opportunity to make friends here as yet. Just gotta get thru a little procedure tomorrow, before I commit for sure for Saturday.

Thanks to all for sharing so much knowledge. I felt like I knew enough to absorb the things our club president was showing us last evening.

girlsaylor

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES