Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tgplp

Post your African Violet pictures here!

tgplp
12 years ago

Hi everyone, I know I love seeing everyone's plants, what about you? Post your African Violet pictures here, I'd love to see them!

Here are a couple pics of my AVs.

This is an african violet that I'm rooting in a small glass jar.

{{gwi:361966}}

You can see the baby plants growing on it!

{{gwi:361967}}

Here is an african violet that I rooted myself.

{{gwi:361968}}

Finally, here is a beautiful african violet I bought yesterday at a garden center. Poor little thing, her soil was completely dry and she was very droopy.

{{gwi:361969}}

She has the prettiest flowers!

{{gwi:361970}}

They are pure white and frilly, with a violet/blue smoky edge. The edges are sometimes blue, and sometimes purple, depending on the light.

Enjoy! Please post your pictures!

Sorry about the blurry pictures, I took them on my ipod. ;)

Taryn

Comments (19)

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

Here are some of mine.

{{gwi:78956}}
    Saintpaulia rupicola S8 clone

{{gwi:78957}}
    Playful Spectrum

{{gwi:78958}}
    Yukako

{{gwi:361972}}
    The Martian

{{gwi:361973}}
    Tropic Heat

{{gwi:361974}}
    Steel Blue

{{gwi:361975}}
    Optimara EverBeautiful

{{gwi:359192}}
    Chanticleer

Mark

• tgplp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow! Beautiful plants! I especially love Playful Spectrum. Do you know of anyone who sells that variety? I'd love one!

Taryn

• stonesriver
    12 years ago

On main AV Forum page are two links: Exchange and Gallery. If you click on Gallery you will see a ton of lovely AV photos.

Linda

• tgplp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Linda! Wow, I feel like an idiot now for making this thread... :/

Taryn

• stonesriver
    12 years ago

Taryn:

Don't feel like an idiot! Look how many people you've educated with your post. It took me quite a while to find the gallery, too. I won't tell you how long. ;-)

You have some lovely, lovely AVs. Thanks for posting the photos.

Linda

• bunnycat
    12 years ago

The gallery is way under-utilized! How about asking everyone to post even just one photo of a favorite violet? Big old violet, tiny new baby violet, NOID violet, anything. Pretty please?

• jshwartzer
    11 years ago

This is Optimara Georgia. It was given to my mom last year as a gift. I kept it healthy enough on her windowsill these past several months, that we were rewarded with nice blooms. I feed this plant with a very diluted 20-20-20 almost every time I water. The window is a northerly exposure, and gets mainly indirect bright light. Seems happy there. (The plant was moved onto a table in direct sunlight for purposes of the photography, only).

• irina_co
    11 years ago

Good Job!!!

• Begonia2005
    11 years ago

Still can't find the gallery.

• perle_de_or
    11 years ago

Begonia, just above the first message on the AV forum you will see this:

Messages: On-Topic Discussions [Switch to: Exchanges : Gallery]

Its right above where the regular messages begin. Hope this helps.

• Begonia2005
    11 years ago

Thank you, Perle! I finally got it. :-) Definitely not easy to spot.

• Begonia2005
    11 years ago

Trouble is, it seems quite inactive. We would probably still get more action/discussion by posting pics in this thread. Just thinking...

• irina_co
    11 years ago

It is work! You need to make a pic, you need to edit it, you need to shrink it to 60 kb...while just chatting is easy...

i.

• suecirish
    11 years ago

I usually post my photos on the Gallery. It is there to keep the discussion forum from getting clogged up and slowed down with too many photos. I use Picasa and haven't run across any problems and restrictions. I copy my URLs directly from the Picasa site and paste them into the message box, and I can control the size.

Irina - You would have to make the pic, by which I presume you mean take it, which you would be doing anyway. And edit it? Not necessarily. You don't need to shrink it to 60 kb. Mine are usually in the 90-150 kb range.

Begonia - If more people used the gallery to post their pictures, that would make it more active. Right? That would then generate more discussion, because as you were over there posting your pictures, you could look at the others and discuss them.

• irina_co
    11 years ago

I guess it is a counterproductive attitude - after seeng great pics - you do not want to post poor ones - and as a result do not post any...

i.

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

{{gwi:361976}}

{{gwi:361977}}

{{gwi:361978}}

{{gwi:361979}}

• Begonia2005
    11 years ago

Mrlike,

What is the pink violet in the middle ? The one you posted first. Love that color !

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

The famed NOID mini.
    Good news is the color of the font your reading on this line is closer to the real color of the flowers.

My less pricy camera and lighting did cause the flower to look different in pic.

Bad news is: I cant add the tiny crystal colored specks ( pike dust) to the pedals or the colored font.

• canukgirl
    11 years ago

This is a miniature plant.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES