Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drooping leaves

Posted by trh701 z4sd (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 21, 06 at 16:15

In the last few months the leaves of my AV are drooping. No change in location of plant or watering habits. Any ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drooping leaves

• Posted by korina 9b, Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 21, 06 at 18:51

It's either underwatered or it has root rot. Scrape the base of the plant and look for green. If it looks dry or brown, and/or if the plant is loose in the pot, you have root rot. Take as many leaves as you can above the rot and put them down. If it's not too advanced, you may be able to save the crown and re-root it.

Check the FAQs on the forum's main page, and the link below for more help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rachel's Reflections

o
RE: Drooping leaves

If your leaves are soft and droopy - use Korina advice. Hopefully it is not a root rot - if it was a root rot - they would be long dead - it kills them faster than in several months.

If the leaves are hard and kind of hugging the pot - it is usually too much light. They as well look paler than usual. It can be the same place - but if you removed something that obstructed the light - a sheer curtain, or in winter there are no leaves on a tree in front of the window...

But I agree 100% with Korina - if you think that you can loose the plant - put several leaves down - you can always give the babies away or replace the old one with a new and more vigorous plant.

Irina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here