Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks you guys....

Posted by tweetypye z8/sc AL (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 08 at 17:14

For all the wonderful information and encouragement ya'll so freely give on this forum, and especially for the link to Rachael's Reflections. It has been a tremendous help in my first undertaking of dividing an AV with a double crown. I've had this AV for a long time, and it developed two crowns early on. They were about equal in size so, armed with info from all of you here, I divided it today and now have two beautiful av's. Both divisions had ample root growth and should do really well. :) I'll keep you posted on their progress and hopefully will soon get blooms from them also. I also repotted my only mini av today as it was in a much too large pot. When I purchased it, I had no idea it was a mini, just thought it was a baby :) so potted it up in a pot meant for a standard. It should be much happier now in it's own little pot.
Just wanted to let ya'll know that you've helped me out more than you know, and say thanks to you all.
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks you guys....

Good for you! Now you have two beautiful plants.

RR is excellent forum especially for people new to violets.

Nancy

o

Hi, here's another site that I've found to be really helpful. It uses photos to demonstrate how to do things.

Here is a link that might be useful: Illustrated How-to Lessons

o

Nancy....I'm not a newbie to growing violets, just a self taught grower. Never thought about dividing a double crown until this forum, so thanks to you guys, I now have 15 violets instead of the 14 I had this morning. LOL

Donna....thanks for the link. I'm sure it'll be helpful to lots of av growers.

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here