Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aiharang

Share your pic of growing shelf.

aiharang
11 years ago

Hello all,

I hope to start a thred to find out ideas on what some of you are doing with your growing shelf set up and sharing. Hope you could share some pictures and tips of your home shelf set up.:)

Comments (24)

• cork_oh
    11 years ago

Hi
    Here are pictures of my growing area. All are under lights.
    I have two 4 shelf racks and 1 table which is 4 foot by 8 foot.
    TOO MANY!!! LOL
    CORK

• aiharang
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow cork, thank you for the share the plants looks so healthy and green;you have so efficiently packed so many into the space. The lights looks dim but the dark green leaves seems happy!

Thanks again for sharing
    Ben

• aegis1000
    11 years ago

Here's one of my setups ...

• perle_de_or
    11 years ago

Here is a picture of one of my areas. A cheap metal shelf from Home Depot and cheap Wal-Mart lights. I have a few dozen in my collection, but I do have duplicates too. I have included a link to my Photobucket plant propagation album, hope the link works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Propagation Album

• shabbu
    11 years ago

This is one of my stands near the dinette window. This stand I bought from Home Depot last year for around $20.
    BV

• shabbu
    11 years ago

One more pic, the shelves are adjustable which works great for me.

This post was edited by minal on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 12:54

• perle_de_or
    11 years ago

Minai, your plants are gorgeous.

• aiharang
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow!! Thank uannececilia, minia and perlite. Soo many of them are blooming! :) terrific sharing! Thank you guys! Joy of growing is to enjoy the bloom and showing them to encourage all.:) thank u all once again:)

• shabbu
    11 years ago

Thanks Perle and aiharang!

• Zalper
    11 years ago

Hello all. I'm a guy who started this hobby in November with a leaf order from ebay. Here is where I'm at now.

I bought the stand at Target for under $60. It is 72" high by 48" wide by 18" deep. It was a 4 shelf unit but I assembled it with only 3 shelves since I will be wicking and need the height.

I have 46 plants now (21 varieties) but I will have to pare down to 30 or so by the time they are full grown.

It's an austere looking stand but it works for me.

• perle_de_or
    11 years ago

Zalper, it looks a lot like mine and congratulations on doing so well with your leaf order. I look forward to hearing more about your progress.

• emerald1951
    11 years ago

HI,
    all I can say is...WOW!!!!
    I love all the plants and so many flowers....
    I have mini violets...in a terrarium...with 3 regular size violets on top..the terrarium sits in my living room, across from a south window with a sheer curtain...
    heres a picture of the mini....

• aiharang
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi rstrobel! Wow I love your variegated violet.:)

It's amazing! Thank u for sharing. Hope more will share their pic to share the joy of their growing for us to appreciate each others growing!

Ben

• sarahrg
    11 years ago

I don't have as many violets as everyone else who posted but here's a picture of my three (although the bigger baby might have as many as three centers on it! can't wait to find out!) Also, the mature violet is not variegated - it is recovering from leaf tip burn and I want to wait until the new leaves are bigger before I start cutting off the damaged leaves.

• aiharang
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you sarahrg! Thanks for sharing:) hope they bloom nicely for u. For the multi-crown u may want to spilt them and place them In a much smaller pot. It's way too big. U can use plastic disposal cups if u don't want to buy pots. Can consider wick watering too :).
    Ben

• ProfSprout
    11 years ago

Such beautiful violets and setups everyone-- gives me some ideas for a stand of my own! Now, how to keep cats from being too interested in the stand...

Sprout

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    11 years ago

Zalper,
    Your set-up looks just like mine only I got my shelves at Home Depot. Same price. I'm very happy with it; it works well for me.
    Linda

• seaj
    10 years ago

Here is my current setup. I'm want to get a dedicated rack soon, but this will do for now. These are not the best pictures, but they get the idea across.

{{gwi:362464}}

{{gwi:362465}}

Not much variety here. The bottom left side of the shelf is all Rhapsodie Gisella?Rita, and the right side is mostly Rhapsodie Michele. In the trays I have babies of Litlle Inca, Ottawa, and Maya.

The shelves are only 12 inches deep and 45 inches long so I had to resort to using my old walmart grow lights to fit the self. The lights are zip tied in place. I used to use foil above the lights to reflect the light downwards, but the shelf faces a northeast window that spans 16 feet across, so I don't think it's needed anymore. I want to get some trays from Daiso Japan to make it easier to access the plants eventually. I may just keep this as a display area once a get a real plant stand.

• AVnancy
    9 years ago

Light stands can be pretty too! Still a work in progress.

• philpet
    9 years ago

Hi,this is mine .just two four feet tables placed side by side in a north facing exposure on an inside patio. I also use natural light only, which we have plenty of here in Jamaica. Velleta.

• chiquib313
    9 years ago

I agree with AVnancy that plant shelves should be pretty. These are my minis and semi-minis in their colorful acrylic reservoirs. They are in my kitchen counter close to a northeast window but also under lights.

• chiquib313
    9 years ago

I agree with AVnancy that plant shelves should be pretty. These are my minis and semi-minis in their colorful acrylic reservoirs. They are in my kitchen counter close to a northeast window but also under lights.

{{!gwi}}

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

Beautiful displays. Thanks for posting, all.