Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Know of any good pink and green hybrids?

Posted by Ceropegia00 none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 12 at 23:06

I have a fondness for pink flowers with green edging though I only know of a few varieties (I have Ma's Easter Parade and have had Green Lace in the past)

Can anyone recommend a good hybrid to me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Know of any good pink and green hybrids?

I have "Silverglade Shadows" from Harmony Nurseries. However, I am told that they don't register all their vareities though they have names. So I'm not sure if this one is registered or how easy it is to find.

Anyway, it has plain dark green foilage with large double light pink flowers with a light green frilled edge. MANY (at least to me) pollen sacks in the middle. Around 5ish. More than the two all of mine have.

Besides that one, I know of several Russian vareties. I saw "Winter Smiles" at a show. Very striking. Bright pink and green double frilled flowers. Link for it at Violet Barn is at the bottom.

Lyndon Lyons also carries some more Russians... "Mystic Mermaid," "Mermaid's Kiss," and they also carry "Winter Smiles."

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Smiles.

o

I agree about Winter Smiles. The flowers are lovely, and the leaves are well-behaved, very quilted and attractive.

A personal favorite is Ma's Corsage. LOTS of long-lasting shell pink green-edged very double flowers. Variegated scalloped leaves.

Bought High School Sweetheart in the late fall (LLG and VB both have it). Very bright pink green fringed flowers. Leaves are very attractive but large. Dark green with a chartreuse edge that matches the edge on the flowers. The leaves are very velvety and ruffled.

o

I'm not sure how "frilly" you like your violets, but Optimara EverRejoice is a good one. I've grown it in the past.

Here is a link that might be useful: Optimara EverRejoice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here