Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nmushka

So, what's blooming over there? (A picture thread)

On this end, a Morning Thunder, received as a leaf last fall, had finally decided to grace the household with a flower!

{{gwi:363191}}

The birth-marked NOID chimera is still going strong.

{{gwi:363192}}

This guy looked white when I originally got him. Not only had he turned pink-edged and blue-splotched, but the variegation on the leaves came and went with the seasons.

{{gwi:363193}}

So, what's blooming over there? ;)

Comments (8)

• almax881
    13 years ago

Loved the Chimera.

Everfloris Evergrace
    {{gwi:363195}}

Optimara Pennsylvania
    {{gwi:363197}}

Optimara Maine
    {{gwi:363198}}

Belye Nochi
    {{gwi:363200}}

Al

• sallyo2
    13 years ago

Those are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

• abigail1280
    13 years ago

I LOVE looking at everyone's pictures (Must resist the urge to buy more!) Thought I would share my flowers that are blooming right now. My violets are all in need of repotting, and I plan to do so as soon as I'm able to walk again. (Ankle surgery 3 weeks ago) I have a ton of babies that need to be moved in to bigger pots. Can't wait to start on that project.

This is a violet I bought last June and in the entire time I've had it, it's only stopped blooming once, and only for a few weeks. The blooms last forever! I actually bought it at Lowes. I didn't know much about African Violets then, and nothing about all the colors and varieties. This one caught my eye because it was almost white and had some cool looking flowers.
    {{gwi:363201}}

Close up of the flowers:
    {{gwi:84640}}

This is my Buckeye Colossal. I bought it at a greenhouse last summer, and it took a while for it to bloom, but it was well worth the wait.
    {{gwi:363202}}

{{gwi:363204}}

My Allegro Appalachian Trail. Grew this one from a leaf last year, and it finally decided to bloom this morning.
    {{gwi:363206}}

• andrewofthelemon
    13 years ago

i really want that allegro appalachian trail!

I have a bloom bud on a russian hybrid, Cherry Patterns, that i hope wil open soon, i will post it when it does.
    As i am new, this will be my first bloom

• tnferguson
    13 years ago

This NOID was given to my wife a several years ago. I repotted and began fertilizing it a couple of months ago and it has rewarded me with blooms.

{{gwi:363208}}

• GrowHappy
    13 years ago

All of your flowers are so very beautiful. Great job!

The you have labeled at "Everfloris Evergrace" is actually "Optimara Evergrace".

Optimara Evergrace(R. Holtkamp)- Single white sticktite frilled pansy/variable medium blue eye, band; light green edge. Medium green, heart-shaped, glossy, hairy, wavy,

• caliloo
    13 years ago

I hope you don't mind my jumping in here....

I love the birth-marked chimera, what a lovely bloom! And Optimara Evergrace is just lovely. And Buckeye Colossal... WOW WOW WOW what a beauty that is!

Here are my first couple of AV's.. they are humble beginnings all, either from the grocery store or Lowe's and one was a gift, but they are what got me hooked.

Optimara Romance
    {{gwi:363211}}

NOID from Lowe's
    {{gwi:363215}}

NOID sport from my neighbors NOID

{{gwi:363216}}

NOID form grocery store - probably an Optimara

{{gwi:363218}}
    NOID from Lowe's will probably open tomorrow
    {{gwi:363220}}

Thanks for looking and if anyone has a guess as to what the NOIDS are I would appreciate it!

Alexa

• irina_co
    13 years ago

Alexa - it is more than hopeless.. out of something like 20000 registered cultivars..just love them as they are

Irina

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor