Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So, what's blooming over there? (A picture thread)

Posted by nmushka 6 (waxwinged@gmail.com) on
Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 9:17

On this end, a Morning Thunder, received as a leaf last fall, had finally decided to grace the household with a flower!

Photobucket

The birth-marked NOID chimera is still going strong.
Photobucket

This guy looked white when I originally got him. Not only had he turned pink-edged and blue-splotched, but the variegation on the leaves came and went with the seasons.

Photobucket

So, what's blooming over there? ;)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So, what's blooming over there? (A picture thread)

Loved the Chimera.

Everfloris Evergrace

Optimara Pennsylvania

Optimara Maine

Belye Nochi

Al

o

Those are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

o

I LOVE looking at everyone's pictures (Must resist the urge to buy more!) Thought I would share my flowers that are blooming right now. My violets are all in need of repotting, and I plan to do so as soon as I'm able to walk again. (Ankle surgery 3 weeks ago) I have a ton of babies that need to be moved in to bigger pots. Can't wait to start on that project.

This is a violet I bought last June and in the entire time I've had it, it's only stopped blooming once, and only for a few weeks. The blooms last forever! I actually bought it at Lowes. I didn't know much about African Violets then, and nothing about all the colors and varieties. This one caught my eye because it was almost white and had some cool looking flowers.
Photobucket

Close up of the flowers:
Photobucket

This is my Buckeye Colossal. I bought it at a greenhouse last summer, and it took a while for it to bloom, but it was well worth the wait.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My Allegro Appalachian Trail. Grew this one from a leaf last year, and it finally decided to bloom this morning.
Photobucket

o

i really want that allegro appalachian trail!

I have a bloom bud on a russian hybrid, Cherry Patterns, that i hope wil open soon, i will post it when it does.
As i am new, this will be my first bloom

o

This NOID was given to my wife a several years ago. I repotted and began fertilizing it a couple of months ago and it has rewarded me with blooms.

Photobucket

o

All of your flowers are so very beautiful. Great job!

The you have labeled at "Everfloris Evergrace" is actually "Optimara Evergrace".

Optimara Evergrace(R. Holtkamp)- Single white sticktite frilled pansy/variable medium blue eye, band; light green edge. Medium green, heart-shaped, glossy, hairy, wavy,

o

I hope you don't mind my jumping in here....

I love the birth-marked chimera, what a lovely bloom! And Optimara Evergrace is just lovely. And Buckeye Colossal... WOW WOW WOW what a beauty that is!

Here are my first couple of AV's.. they are humble beginnings all, either from the grocery store or Lowe's and one was a gift, but they are what got me hooked.

Optimara Romance
Photobucket

NOID from Lowe's
Photobucket

NOID sport from my neighbors NOID

Photobucket

NOID form grocery store - probably an Optimara

Photobucket
NOID from Lowe's will probably open tomorrow
Photobucket

Thanks for looking and if anyone has a guess as to what the NOIDS are I would appreciate it!

Alexa

o

Alexa - it is more than hopeless.. out of something like 20000 registered cultivars..just love them as they are

Irina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here