Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first showing

Posted by erlyberd Z5 CT (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 9:21

I finally made it to my first show this past weekend. It was very exciting to see my plants win multiple awards! I have some pictures but the lighting was very poor in the show room. I entered nine plants of which one was my Moms.
All nine were awarded blue ribbons. I also won four awards and placed third in the Sweepstakes.

Ribbons Won:

Junior Queen Of The Show (Best plant under 12")
Junior 1st Lady In Waiting (2nd Best plant under 12")
Junior 2nd Lady In Waiting (3rd Best plant under 12")
Bast Semiminiture

I had no idea!

I'll get some pics up for you all.

Rik

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first showing

Congratulations!
I am looking forward to the pictures!

o

I tried to post the pics but the only way for me to post them is through photobucket which takes way, way to long. I love this site but there must be any easier way.

Anyway it was the clubs 50th anniversery so it was a special event for all of us. One of the founding members even stopped by for a visit. A wonderful, thoughtful and sweet woman. She even shook lose a few leaves off her prized show plants at the end of the event.

o
One pic

But here is one anyway.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc188/erlyberd/DSC01395.jpg

o

Great job Rik!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here