Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maidinmontana

How can this be??

maidinmontana
14 years ago

Hi, a lady I clean for has a container (metal) that holds 2 AVs. It sets by a north facing window, that is shaded by big trees outside. She has been my client for 2 years and I know for a fact she has never repotted these little guys. She rarely waters them. It drives me crazy, she has a ton of hoyas (big ones) as well as some plams and other house plants. Her AVs are usually dry as dust, but they look good. Just Thurs. I noticed they both have buds on them and by the next time I clean will probably have flowers. She is doing everything wrong, according to what I've learned, yet they keep preforming for her. What gives?

And then theres me, primping, coddling, and worrying over my 1 av, and still no flowers. I did recently get 2 more, I was holding off to make sure I wasn't gonna kill the 1st one. But still, I don't get it. 2 of her hoyas are flowering as well and they are so dried up it's hard to tell if they're even alive. Mine are all beautiful (some cuttings from her) and again, no flowers.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm