Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My kitchen window looks like it should again...

Posted by seattlemarigene (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 08 at 10:00

Years ago I always had several minis on my North kitchen window sill...Now I finally have enough blooming to fill it up...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My kitchen window looks like it should again...

Very nice! and cute flower pots as well!

o

Ah, the rarity of a sunny Seattle day......forsythia in bloom, rhodies along the fence ready to burst in riotous color, and lovely blossoms of African violets in the warm comfort of the window sill. Life is good.

Barbara

o

Wow, you mean in some parts of the county you can look outside and see grass and not slushy gross leftover ice & snow!? Amazing!

Beautiful shot, Marigene!

o

Lovely! Window sil looks nice and I LOVE your Forsythia!

o

Last week we had a light dusting of snow twice!
This is what my forsythia looked like then..looking at that yellow makes me want to paint the kitchen yellow..

o

Hi Marigene,
Your plants look terrific. Are they minis, semis or standards. I keep all my minis and semis in 3oz solo cups.
Fred in NJ

o

hi Fred...the second and third from the left are standards.they were just in a hurry to bloom.I will end up with minis there when I get more blooming.The one in the middle is "just jeff"..Love its color!I use the solo cups to grow them in.Then regular pots for the keepers..:0)..marigene

o

lovely! how do you get enough drainage in the mugs? are the violets in a container inside those mugs? if so, do their pots touch the bottom of the mug or are they propped up somehow? thanks!

o

I just set the little pots in the mugs..I make sure to pour extra water out after i water.And they go back under the lights when they are done blooming.That is a northern exposure so I will leave some there all year...:0)..marigene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here