Posted by nwgatreasures (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 23, 09 at 11:00

How & where do I get it?

Dora

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1st Class Program

Dora,

Click on the link below, then click on the Ordering Information tab. You can order online, by mail, or by phone. I bought the program a few months ago and really like it.

~ Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: First Class Version 2

o

Dora,

You will LOVE FC2! Be sure to set aside a block of uninterrupted time, with the beverage of choice, to go through and look at the pictures.

For those of you that don't know about FC2, it is the AVSAdatabase of over 15,000 cultivars and species of African violets. It lists the registration number, if any, hybridyzer if known, description of the blossoms and leaves, and the size. About 1/3 of the listings have pictures. You can also print labels, which is great for plant sales.

It is invaluable for the information it contains. I don't remember descriptions for most of my plants, and can quickly look it up. It also helps me not remove suckers from trailers!!!!

Barbara

o

Hi Dora,
I agree with Barbara on how good FC2 is, I have been using it for years. I also bought the entries program which we use at our show. The entries program is a valuable asset for clubs that do AVSA Standard Shows. It runs with FC2 and makes the entry process easy. It prints out the entry cards which are put with the plant on the exhibit table. If you put on judged shows both programs are wonderful. I have been using the entry program for 7 years now and I would never go back to the old way.
Fred in NJ

o

We are pretty sure that our group is going to purchase this for the leaders to have and use. If not, I'll get it myself and use it.

We used an older version that one member had to make the labels/sticks for each plant and it really helped to increase the value of the plant (esp if it wasn't blooming).

thanks everyone - and Barbara, my beverage of choice is margarita ;)

Dora

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here