Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faintlymacabre

Question on Optimara Active/Inactive in Stores

quimoi
10 years ago

The Optimara site shows the varieties that are supposed to be currently in production. This helps a lot when we try to identify whatever we bought at that great Big Box Store.

However, has anyone ever found a variety that's listed as not in production? There has been a time or two when I thought I saw one, but then a lot of them are similar. However...

Our Lowe's had a shipment of badly damaged plants from Optimara, Nashville (they had come in that way, cold I guess). I especially noted one because I would like one of the MyViolet series, but the pattern on this was reversed. The blossoms weren't gone yet, but the plant was way too bad to buy it.

It was a deep red-violet with a white center. I've finally been able to access MyViolet and the only thing that looks like it is Rhapsodie Andrea and they say it's "Legacy" which I understand means they're not producing it for the stores. I'm not even sure that I liked it but I'm really curious.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has seen oddball plants or knows what other variety I may have seen. All the MyViolets seem to be white outside with the colored "eye" and this was definitely the reverse.

Diana

Comments (2)