Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great Article

Posted by m3rma1d (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 12:13

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great Article

That is a great article. Thanks for posting.

o

Very nice in deed.

o

Mermie -

Thank you. Since the time the article was published - Ella Kiesling is now growing her violets in Heaven. The rest - are still there.. We had the AVSA Convention in Denver last year - and the people, listed in this article - collected a bunch of blue ribbons and Bests.

The Gesneriad Convention is coming to Denver this year first days of July - and the same people will be collecting the Bests again. Come see us.

Irina

o

Hi Irina,
Thanks for the updates about the folks since the article came out--I knew it was a few years old, and had been curious. Yes, I bet Ella is growing some gorgeous stuff up in heaven--and I bet all the stuff she taught people while she was here on Earth will continue on forever. :-)

I'm afraid the closest I'm getting to Denver anytime soon is a quick 40 minute layover I've got there on my way to Tulsa for convention in May :-(
I wish I'd been an AVSA member last year and known about the convention in Denver & all that stuff... Oh well, at least I'm on track now, right? :-D

o

see you in Tulsa

Irina

o

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
I'll have "m3rma1d" on my nametag ;-)

o

hmmm..how do you pronounce that?

o

"mermaid" ;-)

o

Yes, interesting article along with a lot of trivia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here