Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xoxoxoxo_gw

Optimara violets at Lowe`s

xoxoxoxo
12 years ago

Hi everyone !,

This morning at the local Lowes in my area I noticed a stock person opening up a "new" box of african violets..all Optimara. As they were being placed on the rack in the plant department, I noticed something very wrong.

These violets looked aweful ! Just about all of them had faded blooms, damaged foliage, and as I started looking them over, I noticed two things. Some looked like they had serious cold damage , and two had Cyclaman Mite !

I asked the kid stocking the rack if he knew how long these had been in storage. He said he had no idea..he was just told to put them out.

I looked through all of about 20 or so violets and found one that looked like it was ok. It is being kept far away from the other violets, just to make sure it is ok.

I need to look up which one it is though. It has simple spoon shaped leaves with red under sides, smaller dark blue semi double pansy flowers.

The label on the pot says Premium Collector`s Variety , and a tag that says W K 13 and Grown by Holtcamp.

When I get the chance, I will look up the variety`s name and place a proper ID tag on it.

I am sure all of you folks will find this posting interesting.

xo

Comments (4)