Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyxx_gw

Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses

nyxx
12 years ago

Has anyone else ordered from Lyndon Lyon's using their check card and then had their bank account wipe out by someone over seas? I'm not sure there is a connection at all or even that it is deliberate just seemed odd that the only time I used this card was there and now my account is empty on the same day their charges went through. Perhaps they need a new form of using credit/debit cards because it does appear the one they have is not secure.

Comments (2)

• snappyguy
    12 years ago

I've ordered from them and never had it happen. Their site is powered by Zen Cart, which supports SSL encryption. When going to checkout I notice that the "http" changes to "https" indicating a secure connection. My guess is that this is with SSL encryption. I would call and explain the situation to them. They might have to talk to their web designer, Stratford Web Design Studios, to answer all of your questions. I suspect that this is a coincidence though. I hope the bank issues your money back.

• irina_co
    12 years ago

Sorry to hear it - there is a chance that you have a malware on your comp that copies your keyboard strokes and harvests whatever information you send.

Make sure that all your antivirus software is up to date, clean it up and change the passwords on everything.

I was buying pills fro my doggie on the internet - I really do not want to pay $500 a month for Plavix for the dog - so they sent me a generic from India. The site I used has a bad rep for cleaning the credit cards - so I went to US Bank, opened a Visa debit card, put $100 - and ordered 3 months supply of Plavix for $90. Next day the card was empty - somebody cleaned the remaining $10, but the pharmacy got their cut and doggie got her pills.

So - I would suggest using a rechargable debit card for security purposes - especially after such accident.

Good Luck

Irina

PS I side with Mark, not very likely that the issue is with LL. But could happen. Criminals are working day and night to steal our money - and even big banks are compromised every so often.