Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aviolet6

One Unrooted Crown of Fiery Sunset For Someone

aviolet6
9 years ago

First person to respond with an address and a willingness to reimburse postage can have it.

Comments (12)

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

HI!
    I hope you get a response! The leaves you sent me
    of Fiery Sunset are just beautiful!!
    Best regards,
    Joanne

• aviolet6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, I hope it does well for you. I don't seem to have the best lighting for it so I thought I'd let others try, rather than throw it away. I hate throwing plants away!

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

Hi,
    If you don't have any other offers to take it, I would happily adopt it and send you postage. I do have lots of light here and it looks like it will be a gorgeous plant, judging from the leaves. By the way, everything you sent me is doing great.
    I have a a few more things coming up now, would be happy to trade. By the way, I tried your suggestions for how to ship, just slipping the plants into baggies without the soil and pots. It is working out much better.
    Best
    Joanne

• lucky123
    9 years ago

I would love to have it but I have never rooted a crown. Too new to this. I am going to look for plants tomorrow. This is rural and very few AV's for sale except around Easter and Mother's Day. Easter is going to be special this year.
    I have beaten the bugs, spraying every few days so ready to begin anew. I want at least 3 more to go with my latest Walmart rescues
    I hope the crown finds a fine new home!

This post was edited by lucky123 on Tue, Apr 15, 14 at 20:28

• alwayslearning14
    9 years ago

I'd be interested. Ideas on how much postage would be to WI?

• aviolet6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My apologies to the above posters for a delayed response. For some reason I'm not getting email notification from garden web that I have messages here. Joanne, are your leaves still doing ok? If so I will probably send the crown to a new person. To Alwayslearning14, postage should be around $5 or less.

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

Yes, my leaves are doing fine and rooting, thanks!
    Joanne

This post was edited by fortyseven on Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 17:21

• lucky123
    9 years ago

aviolet 6
    I sent you an email just now.
    The person from WI may have more experience but I would like to have it if that person doesn't respond.
    I have never rooted a crown but, I did as Joanne and Diana said about rooting leaves. I bought cake boxes at my local bakery, I have small pots and light loose soil. I was going to try some leaves but I would like the crown if the person from WI hasn't responded.
    It is very hard to get violets here. We are rural and I am resigned to mail order.
    It will be fun to try to root a crown. I think I can, yes I do!
    Let me know if you didn't get my email or if you can't send an email to me.

This post was edited by lucky123 on Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 19:35

• aviolet6
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The crown will go to lucky123. Thanks!

• lucky123
    9 years ago

Thank You!
    I Received Your Email!
    Thank You Very Much For The Violet!
    I looked everywhere in town for the last week or more and the only thing I have heard is "Maybe we will get some in for Mother's Day."
    I will take very good care of it. AV's are hard to come by out here in the rural West!

This post was edited by lucky123 on Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 23:09

• Vikki
    9 years ago

Congrats lucky123, Fiery Sunset is a beautiful flower!

• lucky123
    9 years ago

Thank Vivey
    I am looking forward to it very much.

I hope I can do right by the Fiery Sunset. AV's are captivating in their tough and fragile loveliness

This post was edited by lucky123 on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 16:06