Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mojavelove

I have to know what this is!

MojaveLove
13 years ago

Hi - I don't have any AVs however I saw this picture on the AVSA main page and now I have to get it. Can someone please tell me what it is?

{{gwi:83891}}

Thanks!

Comments (6)

• bspofford
    13 years ago

It's the cover of the calendar put out by AVSA. Mine is not here with me in Maine. So call or e-mail AVSA and they can give you the name of the plant.

Barbara

• MojaveLove
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I never heard back from the lady I contacted. Does anyone have this calendar and does it identify the plant?

Thanks! :)

• irina_co
    13 years ago

I just threw this calendar away yesterday... Anyway - I think it is Rob's Combustible Pigeon and it was a best new cultivar on Reno Convention.

You can order it from the hybridizer himself. But you need to remember - he will send you a small starter plant = you need to grow it to be the best.

irina

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

• thominindy
    13 years ago

I agree,looks like Rob's Combustible pigeon. Keep in mind this is a semi miniature and won't get more than about 6 inches across. But then that's why I have miniatures. I have room for three times as many plants.

Thom

• fred_hill
    13 years ago

Thom,
    Semiminiatures are allowed to grow to 8 inches. Miniatures must be 6 inches or less.

• GrowHappy
    13 years ago

It's one of the most beautiful plants of Robs, and he's got some great ones.