Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nwgatreasures

Pixie Blue Crowns Available

nwgatreasures
14 years ago

I decided to separate my award winning Pixie Blue and now I have 12 developed crowns (some already have multiple crowns on the crown and are already trailing)

Contact me by email if you are interested.

Cost is $6 which includes $5.50 for postage.

doralocklear@comcast.net

Dora

Here's the plant that the crowns came from. The picture was taken last October but plant is in GREAT condition :)

{{gwi:363900}}

Comments (14)

• robitaillenancy1
    14 years ago

Hello Dora,

Lovely plant! I grew Pixie Blue years ago and once one 2nd best in show. It had 103 flowers on it when I disbudded. Although it is not the most popular trailer these days, I think it is still one of the easiest to grow.

I'd love to have a crown. I think it would cost more to send to Canada. And you would have to fill out a sticker saying "gift" "horticultural material" etc. If you would like to send it, I would be happy to send you postage and a little more for yourself.

Nancy

• larry_b
    14 years ago

Hi Dora,

That's so funny. I just chopped up my Pixie Blue and got 19 developed crowns. After a while I started putting two crowns in each pot. 16 pots in all.

Larry

• loveviolets
    14 years ago

I sent you an email to see if you have any crowns left
    wilma

• fred_hill
    14 years ago

Dora,
    I think it would be easier to send leaves to Nancy in Canada.
    Fred in NJ

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fred,
    I'm learning here :)
    Why is it easier for me to send leaves to Nancy than an established trailer crown?

Dora

@ Wilma - I replied. Send me your mailing information and I'll put a crown (or two) to you tomorrow.

@ Nancy - send me some information on where to send and I'll do it (any tips on custom forms and making this as fool-proof as possible is appreciated)

• robitaillenancy1
    14 years ago

Dora,

Did you receive my private email to you?

You write in "Gift" then "Horticultural supplies" or "Saintpaulia supplies", etc and that's about it.

Info in email.

Nancy

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes Nancy. your package was sent out on Wednesday (I think)
    It's in an orange Nike shoe box with customs label stuck to it.
    I packaged it in a box that I had (evidently it was a flat rate priorty box) and when I got to the PO, they processed it and then when they told me that it was $28 to send it to you....I laughed and really pi$$ed them off when I made them refund my money for services not rendered.

She didn't tell the amount before hand, she didn't confirm or ask and I'm not paying $30 to send you a freaking trailer crown, LOL

at any rate, I brought the box home and put the whole box inside of the shoebox and sent it for under $6.

I'm nervous about sending to Canada, not because of customs but because of time. They told me it would take up to 10 days. The dern crown will be rotted by then :(

Let me know when it arrives.
    Dora

• robitaillenancy1
    14 years ago

Isn't that something! I get so mad at Canada post. I can send a box anywhere in US for $8.50, but to send to my own country can cost from $7.20 to $20.00 to BC. Same box, same weight, everything.

The famous flat rate boxes are supposed to be great for businesses but I have found them much more expensive than other kinds of boxes.

Thanks, Dora, I'll keep my eyes pealed for it.

You mentioned Christening Gown. I can give you as many leaves as you would like. Personally it is not growing well for me. It is very large and doesn't bloom that often. I've seen pictures of it where it looks great but I haven't had great success with it. I read where someone may have a plantlet of it for you. If not I would be glad to send leaves.

Nancy

• robitaillenancy1
    14 years ago

Hello Dora,

I was happily surprised to receive my Pixie Blue Crowns and leaves today. Thanks very much. All are in good condition.

Do you have a paypal accout? It is very easy for me to send you the postage by paypal if you have an account. If you don't have one, please send your home address to

robitaillenancy1@hotmail.com

Funny, I saw Pixie Blue on Ebay this week. Maybe you show pot them up and sell them on Ebay.

Thanks, again, so much.

Nancy

• robitaillenancy1
    14 years ago

Dora,

Do you prefer I pay postage by paypal or by personal mail?

Nancy

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

Dora,

She's a beauty! I would like one too if you have any left. Please let me know too how you prefer the postage (it would probably be easiest for me to stick it in a padded envelope if that would be ok with you)

Thanks
    Helen

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Helen,
    I'm sorry. They were gone within 2 days and I even went back and pulled off some more. If I take any more off, I won't have much of a plant left.

Dora

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

No problem Dora. I thought it was very nice to offer! And thank you!!!

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I finally figured out how to change receipt of payment on my paypal and can now (I think) accept payments from international.

If you still need to reimburse me for postage/shipping, it should finally work.
    If it doesn't, please let me know.

Dora

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz