larry_b
14 years ago

Did you have fun? Do you have photos?

Larry

Comments (11)

• irina_co
    14 years ago

Larry -

of course and of course - but the pics should be edited and shrunk - and I need to finally wake up. I am already at work - but cannot keep my eyes open...

I.

• fred_hill
    14 years ago

Hey Irina,
    This is not the time for slacking off....lol. We're all holding our breath.
    Fred in NJ

• minimac
    14 years ago

Hello all,
    Sorry for not posting until now. Re=entry was tough. Came back to a BIG out break of powdery mildew. Been hand "painting" with artist brush, solution of neem on all flower stalks and backs of flowers. What a fuzzy mess! These are plants for club show and sell.
    I didn't take one picture. (Boo Hiss) My club kept me hopping! I think they're a cross of a Optimara and Energizer Bunny. A friend from Michigan is going to send 250 to me. I'm sure Annie M. will post soon. BUT, in the meantime here's a link with some of the who's who and violets. This blog is done by John Barrington. Neat guy.
    Wish I had more time, but I have to get back to my fuzzy mess.
    Mac
    P.S. Favorite quote by Irina, "Yes, and kerosene will kill thrips, also."

Here is a link that might be useful: Barringtonviolets Raleigh convention

• irina_co
    14 years ago

Debbie

- I just sent John a thank you note - this guy is a born journalist! Looks like he didn't give himself any rest - typed all the awards list - illustrated with pics... Lots of work.

Irina, the kerosene lady

• nwgatreasures
    14 years ago

Irina,
    YOu didn't try and drink any of that kerosene, did you :/

Dora

• bspofford
    14 years ago

Attending the convention was an amazing experience. As John wrote on his blog, it becomes less about the violets and more about the people. I expressed that exact sentiment to my travelling companion two years ago as we were headed to the MAAVS convention 2 1/ years ago.

I was blessed to meet minimac and Irina, plus so many others. We had a marvelous 'internet friends' dinner on Friday night, and there were 38 people there!!! It was not a convention sponsored event, but a total success!

I took a lot of pictures and will post them when I get back to Maine. I'm in northern Virginia right now and head for Boylston, Mass. on Friday to get ready for the Bay State AVS show at Tower Hill Botanical Gardens on Saturday and Sunday.

I bought 4 plants at convention. Can you believe it? I would normally have about 20 in my to go box, but am really trying to be selective, mini's only, and it's so darned tempting when in the sales room surrounded by hundreds of plants just begging to go home with me. Hopefully the self discipline lasts through Sunday!

John, if you read this, thank you so much for your post.

Barbara

• m3rma1d
    13 years ago

I don't have all my pics up yet... Just got home from NJ.
    I was updating "live" from convention on my facebook, so my cel phone pics are out of order in this album until I get around to organizing them. But for now, here's the pics I do have up.

However, I stole this pic of "Team Gardenweb" from Jana's webshots album... (Click to see it bigger)
    {{gwi:363904}}
    Left to right: bspofford (Barbara), minimac (Debbie), m3rma1d (Ann-Marie), and irini_co (Irina)

I have basically the same pic on my camera, just haven't unloaded 'em all yet :-p

• irina_co
    13 years ago

Mermie -

I miss y'all ;-))

Larry started putting the pics on our club site. Shrinking the pics is slow...

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: 3Gs

• larry_b
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What a lovely group of ladies. It's nice to put a face to a name.

Larry

• irina_co
    13 years ago

How true!

Now I know how Lenny the Perfect Mermie's Boyfriend looks like. We shared some quality laughs with him.

And I thought I have the Mermie/Lennie production AV cards to take home. I think Thad "accidentally" took them to Florida.

Mermie - I need to order some from you. I think it is super cool to send B-cards with violets to all my violet friends.

Irina

Still miss you guys

Irina

• m3rma1d
    13 years ago

LOL "accidentally" huh??
    We have a website for the cards:
    http://www.lennywin.com/lwamk

Miss you too, Irina! I wish Convention lasted a month so we could all have time to get sick of each other.
    :-)