Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Orchid like blossom:

Posted by BlondieJan (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 16:22

Unusual blossom on Apache Sunburst...just like a little orchid!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Orchid like blossom:

WOW!!! That's beautiful! Do all the flowers come out looking like this one?

o

No, all the blossoms are not like that, they are normal. Just this one that's freaky in a beautiful way! Wish all of them would be like that!

o

Blondie
That is beautiful! The Apache series seems like an interesting series.
There was a picture someone posted earlier showing the variegation on an Apache, I forget which one, but it was visually very appealing and unusual.
I hope your plant has more blooms like that.
Very Pretty

o

Beautiful photo!
I have Apache Victory, it is lovely. In reading on the internet about J. and Leonara Munk, seems they hybridized for compact plants with variegation that drape nicely and have interesting color and shapes to their blooms.
Joanne

This post was edited by fortyseven on Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 9:24

o

You can see a little of the variegated leaves of this plant....very curly too. Interesting plant.

o

interesting!

This post was edited by fortyseven on Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 9:23

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here