Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seattlemarigene

Design section from the Seattle African Violet Show

seattlemarigene
15 years ago

None of these incredible designs are mine...had the car so full of the show and sales plants I took I wouldnt have had room if I was brave enough to try..:0)..marigene

{{gwi:364158}}
{{gwi:364159}}
{{gwi:364160}}
{{gwi:364161}}
{{gwi:364162}}
{{gwi:364164}}
and these pictures made me swoon..

{{gwi:364165}}

Comments (10)

• lilypad22
    15 years ago

I went to my first area convention last March. It was the first time I had seen design. I didn't understand it, some of it I didn't even like. It was later that I learned there was a theme involved and then some of the designes made more sense to me. A couple months later we had a guest speaker come to our violet club meeting to give us a design workshop. It was great. I didn't know there was so much involved and so many rules. I don't think I have it in me to do a design for a show, but in November we all made a table centerpiece design at home and brought it to our violet club meeting. It was fun, there were no rules so one lady didn't even have a violet or gesneriad plant in her design...so I guess that is why there should be rules. They were so different, we decided not to vote on the best one. Thanks for sharing the pics - do you remember what the theme was? tish

• seattlemarigene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The theme was Precious Jewels...:0)..marigene

• fred_hill
    15 years ago

Hey Marigene,
    Some really nice gems in the group. You will never know what you can do till you try it.
    Fred in NJ

• nwgatreasures
    15 years ago

I'd like to say how much I appreciate your taking the time to share those pictures with us. Some of us don't get the opportunity to see things like that and I really value being able to see the pics.

Thanx!
    Dora

• seattlemarigene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

my pleasure Dora...I might try it some time..I took 94 sales plants,100 pairs of leaves and 13 entries.And luggage for the weekend.I rode with a box with 2 violets on my lap...:0)

• m3rma1d
    15 years ago

Can you explain about the pic showing the photographs? Were they just entered as a design? I don't understand... (But it gives me ideas hahahaha)

• seattlemarigene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The photos are entered in the hobby and handicrafts section of the show.One year I won a rosette for a pillow I embroidered.you could also enter paintings,drawings,ceramics,or jewely as long is african violet theme.

• tlovesflowers
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing your photos.I love the arrangement with the blue bell blossoms . Do they bury the plants in their pots so they can keep them pot bound to bloom ?
    T

• tlovesflowers
    15 years ago

Thank you marigene. A dish garden like that one with teeny bopper is something one would like to keep blooming and around for a while. I like the dark blue with the dark leaves. I wonder if the blooms last long.
    T

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus