Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you place your spring order yet?

Posted by summersunshine 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 22:59

Now that winter shipping season is over I imagine a lot of us are ordering online from one of the online AV sources. Anyone else waiting for an order right now?
What are you looking forward to receiving?
I decided to get Jean Pierre Croteau based on all the positive comments here about it. I'm eager to see how it performs for me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you place your spring order yet?

No violet order, but I did recently place an order for seeds from the Gesneriad Society Seed Fund. I'm looking to get Columnea purpureovittata, Columnea strigosa, and Kohleria peruviana. Jean-Pierre Croteau is on my wish list. Great plant.

o

I received a violet leaf order a few weeks ago so am waiting for the mouse ears to appear. . . most of the leaves are minis or semis which is a new adventure for me as I've mainly only grown standards previously. I also placed an order for seeds with the Gesneriad Society consisting of mostly sinningia & streptocarpus crosses.
At one time I grew Jean Pierre Croteau. It was a strong growing plant but I had trouble keeping the fantasy; I expect my temps were a bit too warm for it.

o

I'll bump this up :) I succumbed to the AV temptation and placed an order. I got Pow wow, Golden Eye, Rob's Cloudy Skies, Rob's Cotton Ball, Irish Flirt, Rob;s Fuzzy Navel, and some Juliana leaves. I wanted Dandy Lion or Chantaspring, but I've never had good luck keeping them alive for whatever reason. They maybe need a more constant dampness and I've never done well with that.

o
Second order for the spring ... ?

I've made my second order for this spring.

These are, mostly, replacements for some I've not been so successful with ...

Royal Rage
Buckeye Butterflies
Happy Cricket
Sparkleberry
Ruffled Skies
Ness' Antique Red

o

Beware - Happy Cricket is HUGE!

o

Ohhh... I also fell victim to Happy Cricket. How huge is huge?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here