Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fantasy Violet !

Posted by sabrebuddy new york (My Page) on
Fri, May 22, 09 at 0:00

Hi everyone, I have alliance as you know it is a fantasy violet well this time when it bloomed it bloomed soild purple. so I am hoping that someone can tell me how to get the pretty fantasy marking back,Thank's Terri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fantasy Violet !

It's my understanding that it will probably not return to blooming with the fantasy. Iy's a genetic thing, nothing you can do to fix it.

Wicked sorry,

Barbara

o

You could try taking a couple of the lower leaves (ones near the blooms which bloomed true) and start babies with those?

o

A while back someone was complaining about their chimera reverting. The suggestion was to basically behead the plant by removing one or two rows of newer leaves. The hope was to "go back" to where it was still blooming chimera and would start some "good" suckers. You could try this on your Alliance plant as suckers can produce blooms quicker than leaf starts. Good luck. Janice

o

My fun trail, fantasy, reverted back to purple. Very sad. But I had a chimera that had a solid bloom and I thought it was a gonner, but the next time it bloomed true again. I think you should wait for the next bloom cycle and see what it does and then maybe try some of the suggestions if it is still solid. I had a chimera that had marble leaves and it started growing out all green leaves at the crown, I lopped off its green crown and the new suckers grew out varigated again. Fantasy are unstable and solid happens. tish

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here