Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zwaantje_gw

Is this a good tip?

zwaantje
14 years ago

Maybe this is done by everyone, but if not I'd like to share this with you.

I bought a 'Falling Snow' on eBay. I had a choice between a bigger well established plant - expensive - and a smaller younger one - barely established but cheap. In my ignorance I bought the smaller one. When I received it my heart fell to the ground, it was a mess, most leaves where beyond saving, the plant had fallen out of it's pot, it was practically impossible to get it out of the tape it had been covered with, in short, a dreadful mess.

So first I put it back into it's pot and added a tiny bit of av soil. Then I contacted the seller and asked for help. She advised me to put what ever was left of it in a plastic bag to create a small greenhouse. I have done that in the past with all kinds of plastic bags but it was never successful.

But laying in bed not being able to sleep and worrying about my plant (kidding) I came up with this. I have a big glass Pampered Chef mixing bowl, high and wide enough for a big batch of batter. I put my poor little plant in that bowl, covered the top with plastic foil and voila! I had a perfectly save and clear greenhouse.

Just thought I'd share it with you. Now y'all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Regards,

Milli.

Comments (3)