Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about Crown Jewel

Posted by christy2828 7 MD (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 08 at 14:23

I'm looking to buy a Chimera online, and have found one that I like. It's called Crown Jewels. I've found it for sale at two different places, but one says it is Lyon's and that it is a sport of Golden Rubie, and the other says it is by Cox. They look the same and their name is the same, are they the same?? Thanks :) Christy

Here is the Lyon's: http://www.avchimera.com/lyonscrownjewel.htm

and here is the Cox:
http://www.robsviolet.com/standard_chimeras1.htm

(3rd picture down, second one from the left on the top row)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about Crown Jewel

HI,
As you can see from the description in FC2 the plant was hybridized by Cox. Lyons greenhouses may just be propagating it to sell.

Crown Jewels (G. Cox) Semidouble-double chimera white star/hot fuchsia stripe, purple fantasy. Medium green, plain. Standard

Fred in NJ

o

Oh, okay :) Thanks for clearing that up for me. Christy :)

o

Instead of the Crown Jewel, I got a Misbehaving on Ebay from Kbugs. Can't wait to get it, I think it'll arrive by tomorrow!! Christy :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Misbehaving

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here