Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minal_gw

teas irish green fields

shabbu
12 years ago

Hello, does anyone have information regarding hybridider / year/ leaf type/ bloom type for Teas Irish Green Fields. I have searched on the internet and could not find anything. I am just updating my list of violets and realized I do not have info regarding this one.

Any help appreciated.

regards,

Minal

Comments (7)

• shabbu
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Would also like similar info on:

Sizzlin Romance
    Nighthawk
    Yesterdays Eye Spy
    River yenisey
    River Moscova
    Fresh Air
    Hylas Little Lira
    Woodland Sprite

thanks a lot
    Minal

• Christine
    12 years ago

Minal, here are descriptions from the ones on the Firts Class Version 2 (FC2) program:

Sizzlin' Romance (9955) 03/22/2008 (Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses/P. Sorano) Semidouble light coral-red pansy/maroon sparkle edge. Dark green, ovate, quilted/red back. Large

Nighthawk (K. Stork) Single-semidouble dark purple star/red eye, blue tips. Variegated dark green and cream. Large

Yesterday's Eye Spy (9991) 07/03/2008 (Jeff Smith) Single-semidouble white ruffled pansy/dark blue patches. Medium green, ovate, quilted. Standard trailer

Fresh Air (K. Stork) Single-semidouble lavender star. Dark green, plain, glossy. LargeHyla's Little Lira (H. Corbin) Single-semidouble purple two-tone. Dark green, plain. Miniature

Hyla's Little Lira (H. Corbin) Single-semidouble purple two-tone. Dark green, plain. Miniature

Woodland Sprite (6206) 04/16/1986 (A. Jantzen/Unknown) Single light blue/darker center. Medium green, quilted, serrated. Large

Donna

• irina_co
    12 years ago

Here is your River Moskova -

Standard trailer, slightly quilted leaves, single -semi-double pink blossoms with raspberry eye and dusting, frilled edge.

In my experience - amazingly floriferous and vigorous in cooler climates, in Florida doesn't grow well.

irina

Here is a link that might be useful: 23-Reka Moskva

• irina_co
    12 years ago

River Yenisey - the pic on the site errs to the red side, they are more color of a reddish lilac.

Standard trailer, golden crown variegation, medium green ovate leaves, double lilac-red flowers with a vein pattern.

This variety produces long trailing to 1-1,5 foot stems, really good for hanging baskets. Again - if you keep it under 72F - it will be magnificent.

Both these varieties live in my basement and they
    always have lots of blooms, but the basement is on a cold side.

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: 23-Reka Yenisey

• shabbu
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello, thanks a lot for all the updates. I googled "Firts Class Version 2 (FC2) program" and it seems great. Will have to get myself a copy.

Minal

• shabbu
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow I just looked at those pics of river Yenisey, they are beautiful. I just bought both River variety leaves from an african violet sale in our local mall.
    Unfortunately, the soil I planted my River Moskova was too moist and I think I have nearly lost the leaf. But I still have the Yenisey, so will take care of that one.

• Christine
    12 years ago

Minal, that should have been First, not Firts! As they say, I type like the wind - I blow all of the letters. It is a very good program with descriptions of over 17,000 African Violets and tons of pictures. You can add your own plants to it, search the database, print labels, etc. It is well worth the money. Below is a link in case anyone else wants to check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: First Class Version 2