Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
teas irish green fields

Posted by minal 6 (ah0741@gmail.com) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 15:20

Hello, does anyone have information regarding hybridider / year/ leaf type/ bloom type for Teas Irish Green Fields. I have searched on the internet and could not find anything. I am just updating my list of violets and realized I do not have info regarding this one.
Any help appreciated.

regards,
Minal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: teas irish green fields

Would also like similar info on:

Sizzlin Romance
Nighthawk
Yesterdays Eye Spy
River yenisey
River Moscova
Fresh Air
Hylas Little Lira
Woodland Sprite

thanks a lot
Minal

o

Minal, here are descriptions from the ones on the Firts Class Version 2 (FC2) program:

Sizzlin' Romance (9955) 03/22/2008 (Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses/P. Sorano) Semidouble light coral-red pansy/maroon sparkle edge. Dark green, ovate, quilted/red back. Large

Nighthawk (K. Stork) Single-semidouble dark purple star/red eye, blue tips. Variegated dark green and cream. Large

Yesterday's Eye Spy (9991) 07/03/2008 (Jeff Smith) Single-semidouble white ruffled pansy/dark blue patches. Medium green, ovate, quilted. Standard trailer

Fresh Air (K. Stork) Single-semidouble lavender star. Dark green, plain, glossy. LargeHyla's Little Lira (H. Corbin) Single-semidouble purple two-tone. Dark green, plain. Miniature

Hyla's Little Lira (H. Corbin) Single-semidouble purple two-tone. Dark green, plain. Miniature

Woodland Sprite (6206) 04/16/1986 (A. Jantzen/Unknown) Single light blue/darker center. Medium green, quilted, serrated. Large

Donna

o

Here is your River Moskova -

Standard trailer, slightly quilted leaves, single -semi-double pink blossoms with raspberry eye and dusting, frilled edge.

In my experience - amazingly floriferous and vigorous in cooler climates, in Florida doesn't grow well.

irina

Here is a link that might be useful: 23-Reka Moskva

o
RE: teas irish green fields1

River Yenisey - the pic on the site errs to the red side, they are more color of a reddish lilac.

Standard trailer, golden crown variegation, medium green ovate leaves, double lilac-red flowers with a vein pattern.

This variety produces long trailing to 1-1,5 foot stems, really good for hanging baskets. Again - if you keep it under 72F - it will be magnificent.

Both these varieties live in my basement and they
always have lots of blooms, but the basement is on a cold side.

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: 23-Reka Yenisey

o

Hello, thanks a lot for all the updates. I googled "Firts Class Version 2 (FC2) program" and it seems great. Will have to get myself a copy.

Minal

o

Wow I just looked at those pics of river Yenisey, they are beautiful. I just bought both River variety leaves from an african violet sale in our local mall.
Unfortunately, the soil I planted my River Moskova was too moist and I think I have nearly lost the leaf. But I still have the Yenisey, so will take care of that one.

o

Minal, that should have been First, not Firts! As they say, I type like the wind - I blow all of the letters. It is a very good program with descriptions of over 17,000 African Violets and tons of pictures. You can add your own plants to it, search the database, print labels, etc. It is well worth the money. Below is a link in case anyone else wants to check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: First Class Version 2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here