Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please recommend some AVs of this transparent purple color

Posted by jujujojo (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 16:20

Please recommend some AVs of this transparent purple color.

The picture is a hydrangea:
 photo 0_zps900fb6cd.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please recommend some AVs of this transparent purple color

I don't think you're going to quite get that in an african violet. It's beautiful. There are some that are a little like it but not very close.

I think we have to enjoy certain plants for what they are and not try to make them into something else. Of course many people seem to disagree with my opinion :).

Opltimara Hiroshige comes to mind but not really like that. Feather has a beautiful flower with something of the same color family but not really like that. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Or did you just want to show that gorgeous hydrangea? It's enough to make me want one :)

Diana

o

I have a purple sport of o. Yellowstone that is kind of similar, and I just saw one in a florist shop that might be even closer... Going back to buy it tomorrow I think :-)

o

Feather came to my mind, as well.

Linda

o

(Just added feather to my wish list)

o

Yeah, I really love Opltimara Hiroshige.

o

Diana's comments are right on!

Perhaps add O Manitoba to your list.

J

This post was edited by fortyseven on Tue, May 13, 14 at 14:15

o

Harbor Blue is sitting here waiting to be repotted and it is quite beautiful in the window when the light shines behind it. It is almost, but not quite the same color as O. Manitoba. Some might say it's a plain blue violet.

Diana

o

What about Ma's Winter Moon? It's light blue with white double flowers and the leaves are variegated green and white. Here's a picture of it on Flicker. https://www.flickr.com/photos/robs_violets/3928732562/

This post was edited by vivey on Tue, May 13, 14 at 14:06

o

L Heure Bleu. Ruffled Skies. Taffeta Blue.

o

• Posted by rross NSW Aust (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 8:41

What about Optimara Stockholm? It's that colour.

o

Did you ever find Hiroshige? I think it may come about the closest overall. I think (not sure) that I have a leaf set.

rross,

Have you seen Stockholm? I don't believe I've ever seen any of that series. Periwinkle blue turns up in african violets from time to time it seems; they just don't call it that.

Diana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here