Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
froeschli

Shhhh

Karin
9 years ago

i found myself at walmart today, and decided that apart from the dog's medicine, i would get myself a little pick-me-up (didn't really think about the fact i would need to take the flower buds off...)

i narrowed it down to either Anika, DaVinci, Gisela, or Millenia. (or a new one not listed on myviolet yet)
(so much for plants needing to show a significant difference to be registered :-p)

Since the petals don't look too frilly to me, I am voting for davinci. any other opinions?

Karin

Comments (6)

• quimoi
    9 years ago

I don't think it's Millennia. Sometimes they are pretty ambiguous at Lowe's too.

Diana

• quimoi
    9 years ago

I just figured it out. Optimara is ridding their greenhouse of all the weird looking ones before the convention by shipping them to Lowe's, etc., to the folks like me who don't know any better.

Diana

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

Hi, interesting deduction. Suggest you go with what you like best.
    Mil is almost a red with more red than white. Very strong coloration.
    If one of the choices is purple and white, I vote for that.

This post was edited by fortyseven on Sun, May 18, 14 at 0:27

• quimoi
    9 years ago

I agree that Millennia is more red than pink - at least the one I had was that way. It wasn't shaped like that either.

I'm glad you got a nice Cora from SG. I was goiing to order but then they didn't have a couple that I wanted. There are babies on my old leaves so maybe they will be okay. I saw where someone had gotten one from SG that wasn't quite what it should have been so I guess they aren't foolproof either.

I don't seem to be a fan of the bright pinks either but I try to be quiet about it :). Some of the violet purples are looking a little garish but maybe I'll get used to them.

Diana

• Karin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am not really a fan of the pinks either, but I liked how three leaves are coloured and two only have the tips.
    Besides, it's a dark pink, not 'Barbie' :-D

• quimoi
    9 years ago

I had one that kind of reminded me of crocuses and I thought it might be Dali. However if it was Dali I saw at Lowe's yesterday, it sure wasn't Dali.

I think I almost ordered it. Maybe if I look around, I can figure out what I had, although that doesn't mean it will still look the same.

Although we weren't speaking of suckers and such, well my excuse is that I was tired, but by the time I took the suckers of Little Maya, it had no center, lol. I should have paid more attention to it at the beginning, I guess, and maybe I'd have gotten something off the mess. As it was, I set leaves. It had looked like a real plant all done up in its wrapper.

I figured I never see minis again so I got everything that appealed to me. There are a couple that I have no clue what they are and two or three very iffy ones. Little Crystal was another suckery mess and I really wanted that one but hopefully it will be okay some day. I haven't had any of these for years. Some looked fairly nice and others were pretty scraggly. The Optimara site only seems to acknowledge Little Maya and Little Hopi II (which I didn't seem to see).

I've bought a couple of the MyViolets in colors I wouldn't choose because they are the only ones I've seen so far. I want to see how they do.

I don't know why all the pinks have turned so bright. I like the paler ones. I suppose Optimara wants to get attention in the box store but they aren't the only ones like that.

And I hate, hate, hate that awful Wave petunia that isn't really any color that you see all over. I'd better not figure out its name in case its somebody's favorite.

Diana

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm