nwgatreasures
13 years ago

Everyone still alive?

Dora

Comments (13)

• fred_hill
    13 years ago

Sorry Dora,
    I croaked three days ago and this is my ghost writing 2 U.
    BOO!!!!
    Fred who used to live in NJ.....lol

• bspofford
    13 years ago

Just busy.....hubby is now working full time at Dulles airport, so we bought a small townhome until he retires. Kept the house in Maine so I have a sane haven to go to when the horrendous traffic of northern Virginia makes me crazy. Or crazier than I am already. So, lots of back and forth, get someone to water my plants, equip a second home, go to a convention, go to a show, go go go. I think I'll go to bed!

I think of you often.

Barbara

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Ha! That's funny, Fred.

Hi Dora! How's Alan's Fallen Angel doing? Been preoccupied with trading and acquiring hoyas, and doing some sewing. I guess 'tis the season when the AVs are taking care of themselves, almost. I did get a first time bloom out of Midnight Flame, which is exciting.

How are you?

• m3rma1d
    13 years ago

Alive & kickin' starvin'! LOL
    (eating less & exercising more... Gonna look hot by next year's Convention even if it kills me!!! hahaha)

• irina_co
    13 years ago

Mermie - you are crazy - you are perfect as you are. If you do not see a crowd of admirers drooling all over - it's because Lenny scares them off.

2 days ago I got a parcel from Janet Riemer - I got 2 leaves of Maas Frankie!!! Supposed to be even better blue than The King. What is left - to raid Fred's house next year - and steal leaves from his Maas' plants.

Irina

• larry_b
    13 years ago

Hi Dora,

I was wondering the same thing. There doesn't seem to be much action on this board lately. I guess I haven't been asking any questions either, so I'm as much at fault as anybody. My only defense is that my violets are doing well. What can I say?

Alive & kickin' starvin'! LOL

I heard that! I have also been on a diet and trying to get more exercise. I'm on the Flat Belly Diet. Which is kind of like a Mediterranean diet of sorts. It emphasizes good oils with every meal. Along with losing some weight, my blood sugar has gone down to normal just by being on this diet. It was researched with the aid of Prevention Magazine, so it is a little more than just somebody writing a fad diet to get rich quick. But I am pretty hungry...all the time.

Larry

• loveviolets
    13 years ago

I have been checking in each day to look at all the beautiful violet pics. This week, I decided to re pot some of my violets and do the wick method. I am hoping this will help them to grow and bloom better.
    wilma

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I promise I will share pictures of my violets.....90% of them are blooming and (crossing fingers and toes) I haven't spotted any thrips.

The next 3 days are packed for me but I've got tons of pictues to share....including my Fallen Angel and Buckeye Night Music (which is the plant that won best design in show in Athens/DAVS)

And....I think I'm going to be in Tallahassee in mid June so I hope to stop by and see Travis and his violets, LOL

I am doing well. Slowly getting my strength back and have been able to begin walking in the mornings. I have spend a tremendous amount of time in my yard this past week (can view results/pictuers on the GA Gardening Forum or on my fb page) It's raining for 2 days so no yard work outside.

Hug yourself today,
    Dora

• loveviolets
    13 years ago

Dora, so happy to hear you are feeling better and enjoying the yard and your violets. Can't wait to see the pics.
    wilma

• alaizabelle
    13 years ago

Ever lurking, as always!

Hehe, I read lots of posts, but as I don't know as much, I let everyone else do the talking!

My plants and leaves you sent me are doing great, too, thank you! :) One of the leaves even has a little baby growing already!

I've also got quite a few plants that are about to bloom for the first time, so I'll be posting up some pictures soon! ^__^

Anna in Ca

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Anna,
    That's so exciting :)

Please share with us (and stop being silent)

• fred_hill
    13 years ago

Hi all,
    I am also trying to get into shape for next year's convention. However, I just want everyone to know that round is a shape.
    Fred in NJ

• m3rma1d
    13 years ago

Fred--As a ghost, you should be able to make yourself into whatever size/shape you want ;-)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus