Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thominindy

fish and seaweed fertilizer

thominindy
14 years ago

Hi All. TGIF

Finally, weekend, I can spend some quality time with my plants.

I would like to give my plants a dose of fish and seaweed fertilizer. I haven't found much information specific to AV's. I remember a thread on this forum, but couldn't find it. Someone said it smelled, and foliar feeding was mentioned. How do you all use this stuff?

Another relevant question. I have babies from a Rob's Combustible Pigeon leaf. They are getting big but there is no green in them. Will the seaweed fert. help?

Thank you. and have a great weekend.

Thom

Comments (3)

• barbara_in_la
    14 years ago

> Another relevant question. I have babies from a Rob's Combustible Pigeon leaf. They are getting big but there is no green in them. Will the seaweed fert. help?

Hi, I thought I'd take a shot and say that, yes, I have been told to use fish emulsion if I wanted to green up leaves on my white-leafed variegated babies. I haven't made a run to the store or know the exact dosage, but I have also heard it does smell.

Hope this helps for now until someone more knowledgeable posts!

Barbara

• thominindy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I had thought that using fish emulsion was a common practice with AV's. The lack of response to my question tells me I am wrong. I read a couple of places early in my AV experience, that it had been used with good results. I might top water a few and see how it works.

I'm going to feed my babies with a dropper and see if that greens them up.

Have a great Sunday.

Thom

• larius
    14 years ago

I tried using a couple of different fish and seaweed fertilizers. My plants didn't bloom or grow as well as when I use chemicals.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations