Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thanx irina i got my box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by leslie_virnig221 50401 (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 21:48

the leaves i put in water i labeled 3 oz cups the leaves on kristis spunk look black on the veins so i have it in a different room and one of the mini's i cant read the name of alan's_________ angel??? i'm getting violet dirt tommorrow i dont wick water, i'm bottom watering, i pour the water in the top, and let it soak up what comes out the drainage holes thank you thank you thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!leslie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thanx irina i got my box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to guess it's 'Alan's Fallen Angel' :)

Good luck with your new leaves! Packages are so fun to open and see all the fun surprises!

Anna in Ca

o
RE: thanx irina i got my box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie -

Kristi's Spunk was growing under the dome under low light- so may be it was more vulnerable to the "shipping and handling".

Happy Growing and Blooming!

Here is a quote from LyndonLyon.com

Kristi's Spunk -

A "have to have" for your collection! But we might be partial to this one. Kristi, (Paul's daughter) hybridized this variety and it sure shows her spunk!! A beautiful variety, with very large, light pink (almost white) double stars! It's heavily adorned with blue fantasy specks and streaks. Occasionally, red flecking appears. The flower petals are outlined, with a gorgeous, light raspberry edge that is fringed. The standard foliage is dark green, tailored and behaves well.

AVSA Reg. #9931
(LLG)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here