Posted by emerald1951 4 (rstrobel@mchsi.com) on
Wed, May 27, 09 at 22:03

Hi all,
has any one gotten plants from, Rob's Violet Barn,
what are the plants like and were you happy with what you got and all???? linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: buying plants????

All of the plants I've gotten from Rob's have been superb. They take great care in packing the plants and they put out a very good product. I highly recommend them.

o

I'm a huge fan of Rob's Violets.
Quality
Service
Value

Dora

o

Hi Linda,

Rob's is a first class operation. I have been very happy with my purchases from there.

Larry

o

Most of my named violets are from Rob's. I am very impressed with their plants and their service. Shipping into Wyoming at 7,200 ft. is never easy, but the plants always arrive in great shape.

o

Hi,
I'm not a big fan of Robs plants. I feel that many times they do not live up to their size requirements. On the other hand his Wifes standards are really nice.
Fred in NJ

o

Hi Fred,

Yes, sometimes the plants from Rob's are a little small. But I have always seen them arrive in excellent shape.

Larry

o

Hi,
I bought 13 minis and semis from Rob, all were beautiful when they arrived. He's the only mail order so far that I have tried, so have nothing to compare to with plant size at arrival. The rest of my plants have been given to me or have bought at AV sales table. I have read some people have been disappointed in Rob's minis and semis because for them they grow too big. Larger than the restricted requirement(6 to 8 inches respectfully), perhaps this has been a sensitive subject. So far, I have never had that problem. If you go to the Violet Barn site to their library in Plant Care, there is an article there describing how to keep a mini a mini. Basically if you have a plant wanting to grow large, re pot, cut roots, take off leaves on regular basis. "The grower needs to be in control of plants growing habits... The plant should not be allowed to grow well, but made to grow well."
Just to compare think I will try LLG next with a purchase of their minis and then I'll try the Jolly's.

o

Jolly's are SUPER!!! Symmetrical without any effort - stay
true to the size - and hold the flowers forever.

Irina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here