Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Same AV plant, but two different colors

Posted by jennifoofoo (My Page) on
Thu, May 20, 10 at 23:51

I have several Rainbow's Weeping Elf AVs. Two are blooming away, but one's purple and the other is pink with purple/blue fantasy. Neat ha!?!?!?!? (:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Same AV plant, but two different colors

They are both very beautiful
wilma

o

Jenni -

I checked on the FC2 - they do not have Elf -
they have Rainbow 's Weeping Clown
R. Wasmund, semiminiature trailer, single light lavender/purple fantasy, medium green.
And when I look at the pics at FC2 - they are more pink than lavender and they show the extra little petal - just like yours.

(possibly the hybridizer had series of trailers and they were all "Weeping" - or it is just misnamed)

The blue one - is a sport - it is very typical - from a fantasy plant - you can get solid colored babies in both pink and blue. Or parts of the same plant start sporting. So if you want to have a proper name - it will be "a sport of Rainbow..."

Both plants are very happy and cute. Thank you for the pics.

Irina

o

Thanks Irina for your input. I've heard of Weeping Clown as well and searched avsa.org for Weeping Elf quite some time ago and wasn't able to find it. ):
I take photos of my AVs in bloom and I hadn't even noticed that I had different colored blooms until my friend pointed it out yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise indeed!
Will the "sport" plant remain blue/purple?
Thanks again!!! (:
Jenni

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of my AVs on Facebook

o

HI Jenni,
It more than likely will remain the blue it has sported but generally they never return to the original. I suppose that it is possible that the sport will resport.
Fred in NJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here