Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quinnfyre

Do you feed less if they get less light?

quinnfyre
14 years ago

Quick question, it occurred to me to wonder: would one feed an AV less frequently if it is growing in lower light? As an experiment (and because I was running out of room, ha) I put a NOID AV in my bathroom window, which is a north facing window. I very rarely fertilize this one, because I usually just end up watering it from the tap when I notice it's getting a little dry. All my fertilizer is upstairs in my room, and I'd have to remember to bring it down to do so. I didn't think it would actually bloom here, but it is now in bud, and actually, it seems to have a better shape than my AVs in my south window, because it's getting slow and steady growth. That's why I'm wondering if it's actually a good thing that I've fertilized it less. It seems to be working out just fine. I'm wondering if fertilizing it more often would've given it longer, more lanky growth. Or would it just ignore what it couldn't use?

I think it's doing well, so there's no problem. Just curious about others' observations and experiences.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional