Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whitelacey1

Not the Orchid forum but...

Whitelacey
10 years ago

I thought maybe some of you would like to see my orchid that bloomed for me yesterday. It is Phragmipedium "Mont Fallu" (P. Grande (P. caudatum x longifolium) X P. longifolium. It's a monster-almost three feet from crown to flower. Thanks for looking!

Linda

Comments (13)

• gesjenn
    10 years ago

Hi Linda,
    Wow, nice phrag! Lovely!
    gesjenn

• terrilou
    10 years ago

Very impressive!

Terri

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Linda the green thumb -

I cannot grow Phrags... cannot grow cool temp Paphs too. But my no name burgundy red Paph is blooming for 3 mnths in a row on my kitchen table.

Envious I.

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Irina,

I have a beautiful red Phrag in bloom and you can see a Phal in the background. Ironic how we can grow most things so well and yet wish for something more: I wish I could grow Draculas but, as they are Andes cloud-forest plants that like 40-50 degree temps., I don't see that happening. Last July it was about 110 degrees here every day-hardly cloud forest conditions!

Linda

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Ouch! 110F - sounds like a sauna to me.
    Phals and Paphs do OK do Ok for me. I do not have too many of them - because their non-blooming time is too long to take the space on the shelf. Phrags - I do not have enough humidity.

I.

• mooseblossoms
    10 years ago

WOW!! That is gorgeous!

• fortyseven_gw
    10 years ago

Hi Linda, I just saw this. Wonder if it is still in bloom?
    I'll bet it is!
    Joanne

• bragu_DSM 5
    10 years ago

i had a noid cat bloom for about 2 wks, i should have a phal coming in sometime too. the others are first timers, including a brassy sheloob .. had 2 but one died after a sad trip in the mail.

dave

• paul_
    10 years ago

That monster is WAY too huge for my growing space.

Paphs and phrags tend to die if I so much as look at them. Catts, on the other hand tend to do quite well for me. Orchids (with a heavy leaning towards minis) make up the vast majority of my plants -- of plants that have nice or interesting flowers, I find orchids much easier than most -- and that includes AVs. (AVs tend to die on me unless I grow them in terraria ... then they grow like weeds.) I have a few chids I'll try to post here later for those who might be interested.

• philpet
    10 years ago

Linda all I can say is wowwwww. Really beautiful. I love lady slippers so much that I killed the two I had. Lol. Can't get any to replace them as yet but still looking. I also have a mixed collection of orchids still working to figure them out but loving the journey. :). VELLETA.

• paul_
    10 years ago

Just few of mine ...
    {{gwi:366403}}

{{gwi:366404}}

{{gwi:366405}}

{{gwi:111995}}

{{gwi:366406}}

{{gwi:366407}}

This one is a favorite ... The plant Is about 1.5 inches tall and has a spread is approx. 2-2.5 inches. (This is full grown.)

{{gwi:106430}}

• bragu_DSM 5
    10 years ago

Trader Joes is getting some interesting chids these days, here phals and cymbs ...

that tiger bay is really sweet ...

This post was edited by bragu on Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 18:25

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! The Paphinia is a beauty!

Linda

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA